suggestions

Ask any questions regarding Autodealer.ae and how it works! If you have any Comments please feel free to share them here.

Moderator: azi malik

suggestions

Postby birima on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:44 am

First to say great site!

It would be nice though if really old adds would be removed e.g. adds from 2005 untill half 2006 don't make sense anymore.

It would help a lot if sellers give e-mail address. As being a foreigner it's pretty frustrating and costy to call from europe only to hear that the car has been sold already (and no, they didn't remove the add).

Suggest a mandatory field with e-mail address.

Best regards,

Birima

Let's keep the conversation going
birima
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby root on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:48 pm

Well, the old ads are kept for statistics and can be useful for people buying cars (or planning to sell).

Why would anyone call a car advertised a year ago, or even 1 month ago? We put a warning text next to the phone number if the ad is old.

Email..well, that does not work well here, and ads to the spam. We actually discourage international sellers who want to sell via email only as it ads to the number of scams and frauds. If you dont have a valid phone number we normally will remove that ad for security/fraud reasons.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby birima on Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:12 pm

I think the statistics you mentioned are blurred bcause of depreciation of the value from the cars overtime.

Why would anyone call a car advertised a year ago, or even 1 month ago?

This is quiet interesting what you say. Overhere, cars can be for sale easily up to three month. It means that the Dubai business is maybe much faster :roll:

I agree with you about the international frauds. It look's like they advertise their cars all over the world. Most can be recognized by way too cheap prices and non personal (traceable) email addresses e.g. blablabla@yahoo.com. In a second contact they would ask you to sent half of the money in advance. They seem to have a preferrence for Western Union, Moneygramm etc.

E-mails however could be available to those who are interested but hidden to e-mail (robot) harvesters but I guess you know that already.

Last but not least, frauds can also make use of valid phone numbers. Especially mobile numbers cannot or hardly be traced overhere. Once you have them on the phone they start the Western Union nonsense that otherwise they will sent you with e-mail.

Best regards

Birima

Let's keep the conversation going
Last edited by birima on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birima
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby root on Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:08 pm

Agree on the depreciation part.

Cars here can be for sale for a long time as well, so its not unique. Depends on the car really.

Hidden email is something we originally had but turned off as many of the dealers did'nt even know how to use a computer ;) Not everyone is high-tech here. But something I agree we should re-visit.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Questions or Comments about Autodealer.ae