Lady in Distress !!

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Lady in Distress !!

Postby Sonia on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi ,
I brought over my Nissan QX with me from the U.K and I dont know what to do who to go to to convert the car or I am thinking of simply selling it .Please advice where I can sell a Right Hand Drive car
Sonia

My Ride: Nissan QX

Re: Lady in Distress !!

Postby root on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:08 pm

Feel sorry for you! Some guy here did the same from Australia a few months ago. Wonder how he solved it.

So, these are your options:

1. Get it converted to a LHD. There are workshops that do this in Al-Awir. However, you need to check with the Police first if they'll allow it, as not all converted cars can be registered here.

2. Export back the car to UK, and sell it there.

3. Sell it to one of the RHD dealers in Al-Awir. There is a large RHD market, for export to countries with RHD - primarily Pakistan, India, Africa. However, your QX is not a very sought-after vehicle, and the dealers will really pay you peanuts also knowing your situation. Plus with current fuel prices, appetite for large fuel guzzlers is low these days.

4. Advertise it here, and hope someone from a country where these cars can be imported sees it and contacts you. Again they will expect it to go cheaper than the market rate for them to buy off you.

I would look at option 2 first, specially if you can save on the import duties, etc.

Didn't anyone advise you about this problem in UK before coming here? The transport company should've known this.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:07 pm

That's gotta suck! Like root said, didn't you give LHD/RHD a thought?
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Sonia on Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:11 pm

guys ,

thanks for the reply ...nope ..didnt really get any kind of good advice ...till now ...will post it on this website and see what happens really ...thanks
Sonia

My Ride: Nissan QX

Postby yousaf on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:57 am

Dear All,

Please share with me about how to import car from dubai to karachi. and what its cost??? Waiting your response.
yousaf

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: marketing
My Dream Ride: mercedeez

Postby root on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Yousaf!

Welcome to the forums!
Kindly create a new topic for new discussions rather than posting into an old discussion of totally different nature.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Imported Second Hands