new to dubai and looking for the best place to party

Discuss anything BUT vehicles. Post your photo shoots, memoirs, personal rants and raves...just keep it civilized!

Moderator: azi malik

new to dubai and looking for the best place to party

Postby zephyia on Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi all,

I figured I would post here as I have been reading some of the other forums on this site and it seems a friendly group of people frequent here. I am an Australian (male) relatively new to dubai, will be here for the next 3 months or so for work and am looking for places to go out, best times to go out etc. I have been clicking around on the web and found a few places, alot of which say that "couples" or "mixed groups" are requried to get entry.. how strict are they with these policies (I am only here with 2 other guys from my organisation and most other people staying at my hotel appear to be older couples :( ).. any how any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

thanks in advanced...

z.
zephyia

Postby root on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:20 pm

Hmmm, try to find a date is probably the easiest way to get entry!

Otherwise most places are not that strict on week days, so go there then and get chummy with the bouncers. Also, bars are not strict on couples...its mainly the clubs.

For weekends what people normally do is book tables..that way you end up on the guest list. Flip side is that tables might cost you a bit, depending on where you go.

Finally bouncers are easily bribed in this town. That works at most places.

Where to go? Have'nt been out for a while, but from what I hear the new destinations are Chi at the Lodge, and 400 at Fairmont.

Old ones are the places around Dubai Marine Resort (Budoir, Sho Chos, etc), Trilogy (Madinat), Apartments (JBH).
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Brembo on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:56 pm

are the clubs here open all days or only weekends? would there be anyone there during the weekdays?
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby root on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:04 am

Most places open daily...but the weekends are the busy times.
There's normally a cover charge on weekends while free on week-days.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Chill Out Lounge