Suzuki Grand Vitara gets minor changes

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Suzuki Grand Vitara gets minor changes

Postby azi malik on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:16 am

2013_suzuki_grand_vitara_front__medium.jpg
2013_suzuki_grand_vitara_front__medium.jpg (47.69 KiB) Viewed 14033 times

Suzuki GB PLC said that the Minor Change Grand Vitara range will start to arrive in December 2012. The vehicle will receive many changes in its design and equipment in order to revive the appeal of the Grand Vitara in the competitive mid-sized SUV sector. The bumper and grille were redesigned to be more angular while the foglamp styling was modified. The other changes include inner headlight black accents on 5 door SZ5 models as well as new design 17” or 18” alloy wheels. In response to customer demand, Suzuki added a temporary use 16 inch spare wheel with 225/70 tyre as standard, removing the need for a puncture repair system. With the spare wheel positioned on the rear door, the Grand Vitara is longer by 200mm for the five door models and 170mm for the three door models.

There are new design seat trims for the SZ3 (3 door) and SZ4 (3 door and 5 door) models while a 6.1 inch touchscreen Colour Navigation System is used on the SZ5 5 door models. Its navigation system is from Garmin and it features comprehensive European mapping with downloadable updates and content.

The navigation system is included in the infotainment centre, leading to several music options such as CD, radio, SD card, media player (including iPod and iPhone) that could be linked via the USB port, as well as through Bluetooth music streaming and phone connectivity. The emissions control system in the 1.9 DDiS models were revised, leading to a CO2 emissions drop from 179 g/km to 174 g/km. This means that the VED band for the 1.9 DDiS engine was cut by one band to H. It gets the added improvement of having a combined fuel economy from 41.5mpg to 42.8mpg.

source:Read Article
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News