Jaguar cancels the C-X75 hypercar

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Jaguar cancels the C-X75 hypercar

Postby azi malik on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 am

jaguar_c-x75_concept_12__medium.jpg
jaguar_c-x75_concept_12__medium.jpg (22.86 KiB) Viewed 14410 times

It's official, Jaguar has just axed the C-X75 hypercar as it entered a crucial stage in its development. For the last quarter, Jaguar has been testing the C-X75’s complex hybrid drivetrain. Jaguar was currently preparing to install the drivetrain in the car and build a working prototype. Global brand director Adrian Hallmark said during the Los Angeles motor show that this aspect of the development is “absolutely unknown.” Because the technology had to be determined, the car’s future was uncertain. When the C-X75’s hybrid drivetrain was unveiled as a concept at the 2010 Paris show, it featured a couple of gas turbines that will kick in as soon as the charge for the four wheel-mounted electric motors runs out.

Jaguar confirmed the C-X75 in May 2011. It features the first bonded carbonfibre chassis from the company. It was assembled with the aid of Williams F1 expertise. It was approved for production but excluding the gas turbines. Instead of the original drivetrain, it is now equipped with a turbocharged and supercharged 1.6-litre petrol engine and two electric motors.

One is found at both ends of the car with each driving a transaxle. In early 2012, Jaguar announced the drivetrain’s first official figures. The blown 1.6-litre engine could offer up to 500bhp and is capable of revving to 10,000rpm. The electric motors could easily be regarded as the most powerful worldwide. These come with a very advanced liquid and air-cooled battery pack. The front motor could continuously operate via a single-speed transmission that powers the front wheels. Meanwhile, the rear motor will work with a bespoke seven-speed automated manual gearbox to offer drive to the rear wheels along with the engine.

source:Read Article
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News