Hyundai Velocity concept builds on Veloster for SEMA

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Hyundai Velocity concept builds on Veloster for SEMA

Postby azi malik on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:41 pm

Hyundai-Velocity-concept-for-SEMA.jpg&maxW=630.jpg
Hyundai-Velocity-concept-for-SEMA.jpg&maxW=630.jpg (29.7 KiB) [ Viewed 3887 times ]
Hyundai-Velocity-concept-for-SEMA.jpg&maxW=630.jpg [ 29.7 KiB | Viewed 3887 times ]

Hyundai has transformed its Veloster hatchback into the hopped-up Velocity SEMA concept. Upgrades are plentiful but what we’re most excited about are the engine upgrades by racing outfit Cosworth. The Velocity concept is a joint venture between the Design and Engineering divisions of Hyundai. The car will be shown at the SEMA show in Las Vegas on Oct. 30.

Cosworth's powertrain is upgraded include the pistons, rods, turbo, intercooler, intake manifold and the fuel management system. This allows for an output of more than 400 hp, according to Hyundai, and 350 lb-ft of torque. The exhaust is upgraded by CPR Fabrication for better breathing and more sound.

From outside, the Velocity looks like a SEMA car. It gets a big wing and 19-inch wheels from HRE. But the graphics package is surprisingly subtle for the show. The Velocity Hatchi body kit adds front- and rear-braking ducts, lift-reducing rear diffuser, integrated front spoiler, side skirts and a racing number design motif in white and gray.

Bilstein added the monotube shocks while Kuhmo shod the wheels with Ecsta SPT summer tires. Brembo slows things down with four-piston brakes and two-piece rotors.

Inside, the Velocity houses Sparco racing seats and a custom Katzkin suede and leather interior. The roll bar was done by CPR. Race Keeper installed the video acquisition system for keeping race laps and storing data.

Most of these SEMA concepts are just fun exercises, and almost none will go into production. But it’s always fun to see what can happen when price and profitability go out the window and designers are just concerned with creating something that’s cool.

source:Read Article
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News