2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S model confirmed

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S model confirmed

Postby azi malik on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Porsche-Cayenne-Turbo-S.jpg&maxW=630.jpg
Porsche-Cayenne-Turbo-S.jpg&maxW=630.jpg (30.46 KiB) [ Viewed 5524 times ]
Porsche-Cayenne-Turbo-S.jpg&maxW=630.jpg [ 30.46 KiB | Viewed 5524 times ]

Porsche has ramped up the performance of its second-generation Cayenne with the introduction of a potent Turbo S model for 2013.

Set for sale in North America in March of 2013, following a public premiere at the upcoming Los Angeles auto show, the Cayenne range-topper runs a lightly modified version of the standard Turbo's 4.8-liter V8 gasoline engine—the same unit used by the Panamera Turbo S. Changes include a freer flowing inlet manifold for improved breathing, increased turbocharger boost pressure and remapped electronics.

Power climbs to about 550 hp, making the Turbo S the most powerful Cayenne model yet; torque hovers around 553 lb-ft.

The sprint to 62 mph time is accomplished in 4.2 seconds en route to a maximum speed of 175 mph—all without any significant change in fuel consumption.

The all-wheel drive Cayenne Turbo S adopts the same chassis configuration as the Cayenne Turbo with an air suspension and Porsche's active-damping control, along with hydraulically operated roll bars to rein in body roll and a torque-vectoring system together with an electronically controlled rear-differential lock.

A series of subtle exterior-styling changes, including black high gloss treatment for the headlamp housings and exterior mirror housing and uniquely styled 21-inch wheels, help signal the vehicle's added performance potential. Inside, there are standard carbon trims and a leather upholstery package.

source:Autoweek
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News