Nissan promises a shocking design for the next Murano

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Nissan promises a shocking design for the next Murano

Postby azi malik on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:19 pm

nissan_terra_concept_car__medium.jpg
nissan_terra_concept_car__medium.jpg (34.95 KiB) Viewed 8690 times

Nissan global design chief Shiro Nakamura has made a pledge that within two years, we will be surprised with the designs of the next versions of the Nissan Maxima sedan and Murano crossover. When interviewed by Automotive News, Nakamura said that the first Murano in 2002 had stunned people. Nissan’s inspiration this time is the third-generation Murano from the Terra Concept. The Terra is set to make its debut at the Paris Motor Show. It is a wild fuel-cell concept car with a ground clearance that has been elevated, a chopped roofline, and torque-vectoring all-wheel drive. This striking vehicle won’t ever be offered in showrooms. Several of its styling features give us a preview of the new Murano’s design.

A new version of the Nissan Murano is scheduled to make its debut in 2014. At this time, it will transfer the production of U.S.-spec versions from Japan to Tennessee. Nissan will be able to raise profits if it builds the model in the U.S. rather than if it’s exported from Japan. The first Nissan Murano will make its debut in 2002 while a new version will be presented in 2009.

Nakamura also said that the next Maxima sedan will have an appearance that’s much more appealing. By 2014 or 2015, a new Maxima will be presented. It will weigh less than the existing model as well as offering more fuel economy. Nissan started selling the current model in 2009. Nakamura added that the market has become fiercely competitive in this segment. This isn’t the first time that Nissan over-promised its designs. In 2009, Nissan said that the Maxima would get back to being sporty and will be available with a bold four-door coupe design.

source:4wheelsnews
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News