Any Audi Q7 experience?

Discuss Off-road vehicles, experiences, routes, places, tips, desert safaris, ...

Moderator: azi malik

Any Audi Q7 experience?

Postby root on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 am

Anybody out there owning an Audi Q7 that can share their experiences with their vehicle?

I need some reviews for both the V6 and V8 versions!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Any Audi Q7 experience?

Postby Brembo on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:36 pm

once the service contract and warranty is over parts and maintenance can get pretty expensive.
dont know anyone who ownes a q7, but know some people who own audis and have stopped going to the stealership for service/repairs as it was too expensive.

whats the pricing on the new q7s? i heard the v8 is cheaper than the previous model?
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby root on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 am

I think the V6 is around 200k with service packages, which is not bad for what you're getting!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby l0v on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:06 pm

hey, I have Audi Q7 v6 2010 its a nice car I like it alot, so comfortable, and I have tried it in a sand and desert, it was amazing, no problems at all, all u have to do is turn off the ESP and there you go. Love the engine sound, I hit the max speed 210km and i believe it goes more but I had to slow down because of a stupid radar.
anyway some stupid things about this car is, when u put the gear in N and press the gas the RPM doesn't go more then 4000rpm, its locked, so dont try to show off xD
and the tiptronic gear is kinda gay, the gear changes by its own when u hit the max rpm, so u wont be able to hear the tfff tff tff xD i dont know what they call it
so its definitely not for racing, just an beautiful and economical SUV
and yeah I almost forgot, it has the best stability!!! thats the only reason why I got this Audi, I go through roundabouts at really high speed like 120, 140, its the best thing u can do with an AUDI!! :D Quattroo Babeee!

If you have any questions u can ask me :)
l0v

My Ride: Audi Q7 3.6 2010
My Profession: Student
My Dream Ride: Ford Raptor SVT, Audi R8, Lexus LFA.

Postby Brembo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:33 am

how are the servicing costs? or cause its 2010 model you have not started paying for the service yet?
audis are known to have high maintenance costs/parts cost especially after the warranty runs out hence the low resale.
how much was your q7? what all options does it have?
any idea how much the 2010 v8 model is?

as for the rpm being locked at 4000 rpm, most never cars have that so that the owners dont destroy the engine by over revving and the tfft tfft sound you hear from turbo patrols n other modified turbo cars is from the blow off valve which a q7 does not have
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby ewap8 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:07 pm

I know a friend who has it. The car is very smooth to ride in, and is very roomy too. I've driven it and feels a little chunky. Its highlight is that its a seven seater, and the last row is better than others in its class.
ewap8
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Infiniti FX (2010)
My Profession: N/A
My Dream Ride: Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Postby l0v on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Brembo, I dont mean by tff tff the turbo sound, just the normal engine sound when u hit the max rpm.
anyway i still didnt hit 15,000km to take to service, but the service is for free for the first 3 years, and warranty for 5 years, so everything is cool :)
and I got mine for 237k 3.6 V6 Engine, and the V8 is 310k and it comes with S-line bodykit and 22" rims, really beautiful, and the options,, it has the same option with the V8, but without the hydraulics control (sport,desert, and etc)>> the V6 is already high enough, and I guess the seat memory but im not sure about this one.
but ofc there is also the V12 Q7 twin turbo diesel, its so effin fast and it got really amazing engine sound ( you can check some videos for it on youtube) and the V12 got so many options more then the V8, freakin unique speakers that pops out xD and so many other options.
about Multimedia: 6 CD Changers + 1 DVD = so u have 7 slots for CD and 2 SD memory slots, and it has a jukebox so u can import ur music from SD or CD etc i forgot the jukebox size but its fairly enough.
and unfortunately no AUX, but it has a special wire for iPod which u need to purchase it from audi itselt, its about 350dhs.
the navigation map is amazing its in 3D when you go to Shiekh Zayid Road, you really enjoy looking at ur navigation map, its so cool watching the high buildings through it xD
it has bluetooth for phone, really nice, phone book> directory> miss calls>received calls> etc ( you can access to these from ur steering wheel ) and there is command button on ur steering wheel, so you say what u want to do like >> Call "Home" and it calls or like> Media and it takes you to media >Map >phone>Radio etc (its really smart btw)
and the last amazing thing i can think of is the sunroof, everyone who sits in the car will totally be in love with it
http://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/w/Z/audi_q7_4189.jpg
http://images.chron.com/blogs/carsandtr ... r__mid.jpg <<< you can sleep in the car xD

so thats all I can think of right now
and btw on the audi's website all of the Q7's got the same option (v6,v8,v12)
but you know, its Gulf, so its like if you want that option you must take the v8 and if you want that option too, you must take the V12 xD
Last edited by l0v on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l0v

Postby l0v on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:50 pm

the V12 is around 400k
l0v

Postby fadi khan on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:47 am

i sat in it! awesome!!!!! daz my experience ;)
fadi khan
Drifter
Drifter

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: MBA
My Dream Ride: Cygnus

Return to Off-Road