Toyota Celica

Discuss how to tune up vehicles, whats legal and whats not, where to get mods done, body kits, spoilers, ...

Moderator: azi malik

Re: Toyota Celica

Postby Fokkae on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:56 pm

Lets see. me when I checked the specs of a stock celica they werent flattering at all and I thought right away it needed higher displacement and horse power but when I test drove it
I realised that the power-weight and acceleration is fine it is the handling that needs attention so thats why the my first mods are the coilovers and large diameter preformance breaks now me I dont have a final plan in mind. the power of the car is satisfying for the time being and that is why I'm going in stages to slowly modifying what is lacking and then thinking what to do next. my initial budget was 60k deduct 23k for price of car, and 20k for stage one of modification and we have what 16 or 17 left? that will be used to raise the hp from 140 to around 200-220 I didnt get into that with my tuning garage but the first thing that came in mind was an engine swap, one of them mentioned something about shifting to silvia engine and converiting the car from FF to FR...some crazy shit man but they saying anything is possible its just a matter of money and time. What do you susgest stage two will be :?:
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: 1968 El Camino Puto

Postby knshaboo on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:04 pm

thanks T.N.T for the directions!
knshaboo
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: www.cirtauae.com

Postby T.N.T on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:42 pm

You have a decent budget I must say. A bit too much for the Celica actually.
Don't do all that engine-swapping and layout-converting crap. Work on the stock engine, try exploiting the stock engine's potential. Personally, I don't believe in swaps, I believe in working on what the manufacturer gave us.
If you really want to spend around 40k on a Celica, get a small turbo kit (T57 or something of that sort).
I would still recommend selling your Celica and getting a RWD/AWD car, but if you really are in love with the Celica, go ahead.
To improve handling, you'll need a set of coil-overs, lowering springs and a few strut/sway bars.
Research first before buying anything. Here is a website to get you started:

http://toyotacelicas.com/forums/
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:00 pm

Fok, The website has very friendly face.many thanks :mrgreen: . the red MR2 is really tempting same thing with me if it werent for old car rule i would have bought it. I especially liked the mama steering wheel. You recommed a RWD/AWD car so what options are there...
No cars that dont have tuning potential or hard to find parts
No car below 20-15 years old
No commonly tuned cars
No converted LHD car
No FWD car

After filtering all that what do we have left unless we tune a car that no one would think of tuning like a nissan sunny or a daihitsu bitchcar :lol:
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:28 pm

LOL! Sunnys and Daihatsus are FWD, don't match the criteria :P
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:58 pm

Some FF cars have 2 fronts breaks and other FF's have 4 breaks, why is that?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:07 pm

All cars have 4 "brakes" :?
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:44 pm

How come? my celica has only 2 breaks ( :oops: ) in the front and same goes for the kia house car in the back its a drum and in front its a disk but other FF cars have 4 disks, by the way where are you from? :roll:
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:58 am

I took you the wrong way.
All cars have 4 brakes but some have 2 discs while others have 4 discs.
I am from Pakistan, you?
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:21 pm

Really you know I thought you were a westerner, you have very good command of english language and refined manner of communication 8) . Now that the 3000gt is out of the question I considering a subaru legacy car, you think its a good choice? AWD good base power and looks and not very harsh on the pocket. Ive seen some nice looking 2003 generations fittings for a ( :mrgreen: )Project Legacy Fokk( :mrgreen: ), I'm from Bahrain
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:00 pm

ThankYou for saying that! I might not 'sound' like a Pakistani and might be very different from most, but I sure am proud to be one :)
Legacy is what? AWD right? Will have to look into that. Don't know much about part availability of Legacys.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:13 pm

WSF wrote:^ A friend of mine went to muroor & asked there.. They said that you can register the 15 year old car on your name but cannot re register it to another owner.. But what about classic cars what if i ship a classic from outside & want to register it here??

I guess this belongs in a new topic. I heard that the transfer age limit was 10 year old cars. Are you saying its 15 now?

Classic cars..yeah, how does one define that according to new rules? 'Wasta'? :)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Fokkae on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:05 am

Shit man, did you finish looking into it?, giving birth takes less time :!: . I need some opinions from you guys. now that Ive been working on the celica, I noticed when I floor the car the rpm needle sores to around 6000 and I get an agressive and all out boost from the car, what causes that? and how can I improve/increace the agressivness of it. when i tried the same thing on an eclipse gs-t its similar but not the same, the problem is with the turbo car is the lag and that is why I want to keep the celica n/a now how can I maximise the hp/trq/boost effect without turbo and how can I extend the redline of rpm which is about 6.5k I want it to go to 7-7.5 -8k. what are the benifits of extened rpm range? thanks and sorry for asking alot of questions I have small brain :oops:
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:47 pm

Fokkae wrote:Shit man, did you finish looking into it?, giving birth takes less time :!: .

LOL! Stay away from the Legacy, that is all I can say.

Fokkae wrote:now that Ive been working on the celica, I noticed when I floor the car the rpm needle sores to around 6000 and I get an agressive and all out boost from the car, what causes that? and how can I improve/increace the agressivness of it. when i tried the same thing on an eclipse gs-t its similar but not the same, the problem is with the turbo car is the lag and that is why I want to keep the celica n/a now how can I maximise the hp/trq/boost effect without turbo

All-out boost effect? Define please.
If you mean the power and torque delivery, then please don't call it boost. The term 'boost' is used for cars which use forced induction (turbo, supercharger)
I'm sorry but there is no way you'll get huge gains if you don't go for forced induction. If you want huge gains and don't want the lag that a turbo brings, try opting for a supercharger. Superchargers do not produce lag because they are belt-driven. TRD produces superchargers for the Celica I guess. I'll confirm and get back to you.

Fokkae wrote:how can I extend the redline of rpm which is about 6.5k I want it to go to 7-7.5 -8k. what are the benifits of extened rpm range?

Why do you want higher RPM? There is almost no use of increasing your red-line. It can be more bad than good. The internals of your car are not built for RPMs higher than 6.5k and they could get severely damaged if you just increase the red-line.
And BTW, to increase the red-line, you need to take your car to a chip-tuner.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby T.N.T on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:57 pm

If your Celica is a 2ZZ-GE, here is a supercharger kit which includes almost everything:

http://www.blitz-performance.com/index. ... 41a2466bb6

There is a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (AWD) for sale. Tell me if you want to buy it. It already has 235 WHEEL hp. It is very easy to upgrade an Eclipse and it is fairly cheap too.

One question, what have you done to your car till now?
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

PreviousNext

Quick reply

Return to Performance Tuning