Spyker agent in Dubai

Discuss the best sports cars that money can buy..

Moderator: azi malik

Spyker agent in Dubai

Postby root on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:29 pm

Al-Tayer appointed exclusive agents for UAE.
Nice line-up after Ferrari!

Another interesting facts:

Mubadala Development Company (a principal investment company wholly owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi) holds a 16% interest in Spyker Cars N.V.
Also, MerchantBridge Group, a London based Saudi Arabian invest group, holds a 7% stake in Spyker Cars N.V.

Some of the cars (extracted from AME info):

Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris

On February 28th of this year Spyker first introduced its first Super Sports Utility Vehicle (SSUV), the Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris, to the world at the Geneva Motor Show. The unique qualities and design features of Spyker's first SSUV are directly linked with the noble racing and aviation heritage of the company. The Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris takes its name from the famous Spyker that finished second in the most gruelling race of all time, the 1907 Peking-to-Paris.

The Spyker D12 Peking-to-Paris is an all aluminum, permanent four-wheel drive super sports utility vehicle. The doors are rear-hinged coach doors, so-called 'suicide doors'. It is powered by the 6.0 litre, 12-cylinder, 500 bhp W12 engine from Volkswagen AG and accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 5.0 seconds. The six-speed automatic transmission features a multifunctional steering wheel with F1 style shift paddles, a triple dashboard designed in the style of an airplane cockpit, and a sumptuous interior. The vehicle has an all aluminum body fitted to an aluminum space frame. Top speed is 295 km/h.

The car is the ultimate combination of a powerful super sports car with exotic looks, a spacious multiple passengers interior and luxurious cabin as well as the exquisite Spyker signature cockpit interior.

Expected date of introduction is December 2007. The expected retail price starts from DHS 1.105,000 ex tax.

The Spyker C8 Spyder (convertible) and the Spyker C8 Laviolette (coupe) both have an all aluminum Audi V8 engine, a power output of 400 Bhp and a torque of 480 Nm. The Spyker C8 range has a manual six-speed gearbox, rear wheel drive with limited slip differential and ABS. The top speed is 300 km/h with an acceleration of 0-100 km/h in 4.5 seconds. The ex factory price for the C8 Spyder starts at DHS 995,000. The ex factory price for the C8 Laviolette starts at DHS 1,125.000.

Spyder:

Laviolette:

For those who prefer an automatic gearbox, the Audi V8 engined Spyker C8 Double12 S (both Coupe and Convertible) is available from DHS 1,222.000.

The Spyker C8 Laviolette was the first Spyker to obtain a key role in a major movie production: it was featured in Basic Instinct 2 (released in 2006) driven by Catherine Tramell (Sharon Stone). Spyker will produce a unique Limited Edition of 25 C8 Laviolettes. These cars have the identical features of the original movie car (chassis number 015).

The 400 horsepower Spyker C8 Spyder is not only an award winning car; it is also becoming a celebrity on its own. A silver Spyker C8 Spyder will star along side of international movie star Jet Li and Jason Statham in their upcoming action thriller ROGUE. The USA release is scheduled for February 2007. In this movie, the Spyder will be driven in the movie by Jet Li. The 500 horsepower Spyker C12 LaTurbie has a supporting role in ROGUE.

In July 2006 Olympic Legend and car enthusiast Carl Lewis drove a Spyker C8 Spyder during the supercar classic coast-to-coast Bull Run 2006 rally. A Spyker C8 Spyder also had a stationary role in the most recent Pink Panther movie (released in 2006) starring Steve Martin. The car was featured by Robb Report in its Ultimate Gift Guide (December 2005).

The Spyker C12 LaTurbie was first unveiled during the Geneva Car Show in March 2005. The car will be the first Spyker to run the extremely powerful 6.0 litre Audi W12 dry sump aluminum engine. This car has a power output of 500 BHP and a gigantic torque of 600 NM. Top speed is 325 km/h with an acceleration of 0-100 km/h in 3.9 seconds. An F1 style paddle shift operated automatic gearbox is standard. Further specifications include rear wheel drive with Drexler limited slip differential, ABS and a light weight aluminum space frame with integrated roll cage. The double twin exhausts make the overwhelming signature Spyker sound.

Optional features for all cars include a turned aluminium dashboard fascia, elegant 19' Aeroblade™ wheels in magnesium featuring five propellers, several leather options and Chronoswiss dashboard instruments. All cars are available in both left and right hand drive form.

Customers may order a Louis Vuitton luggage set exclusively made for their Spyker by this famous French brand.

On request, there are also different stages for supercharging available. This type of customization brings a stunning 650bhp within reach.

All Spykers are hand-built and custom-built by only the best craftsmen of our time using bespoke materials. The spectacular performance cars combine state of the art technology, unique design features and engineering excellence. Spyker is carried by passion for heritage, design, craftsmanship, performance and exclusivity.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:49 am

The Spyker SUV is plain ugly. If I had more than 1,000k AED to spend on a car, I would go for an SLR or Murcielago Roadster.
I once saw a Spyker parked inside the Al-Naboodah Volkswagen showroom on SZR. This was nearly an year ago.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:19 pm

Dont know about the inside of the hood or quality, but the external looks of the Spykers are among the sleekest I've seen.

The SUV is a bit outside its league...more like a pimp-mobile.
Its for those guys who still want a sports brand but now have 2 kids and the wife will not let him buy a 2-seat roadster anymore ;)

root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ferrari on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:20 am

Spyker SUV is not a real SUV. Just a large 4 door high powered car. I think its like maserati sedans.
Ferrari
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby T.N.T on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Its a 'poser' like so many other SUVs. I'd rather buy a Quattroporte if I needed luggage space and interior room.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:27 pm

Its intended to be a poser. Lets see if we see any on the street here soon.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Sports cars and Roadsters