Lexus IS 300

Discuss the best sports cars that money can buy..

Moderator: azi malik

Lexus IS 300

Postby root on Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:01 am

So, I finally drove it yesterday!
Must say that after having driven the ES 300 I was not that impressed.

The car is nice, both inside and outside...nice sporty curves and so.
But it was a bit too compact for my taste. The rear seat leg space is slightly limited...though a big boot.

The drive..the car is fairly low, so it is stable and nice on curves and round-abouts. However, its not as smooth as the ES versions.

The triptronic gears are nice though, and you can get some real nice acceleration by going into manual mode.

It has keyless entry as standard. Leather and electric seats are optional. Navigation system is optional. Starts at around 118K.

All in all...for 118k its not bad, if you're looking into something sporty and sedany at the same time. If you are looking into buying a 3-series beamer then this one is definitely more car for your money. A 330i would be atleast 40-50k more expensive.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

here are some images

Postby root on Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:03 am

root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:53 am

Wow, good to know about the car from someone who has actually driven it. I was expecting exactly what you said as there isn't anything VERY special about the car but I think its great value compared to the Germans. The base model gets fabric seats though!
What I love: Paddle shift available and is standard on all models. Gutsy engine and strong acceleration. 6 speed auto tranny is standard. Decent alloy wheels. Smart Entry system standard.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Return to Sports cars and Roadsters