Honda Accord Service

Discuss technical questions about repairing, modifying, protecting your vehicles. Also tips on spare parts and accessories and where to best find them....

Moderator: azi malik

Honda Accord Service

Postby Pacific on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:00 pm

Just bought a Honda Accord 2005 from 4x4 Motors. Any suggestions on whre to get it serviced. Getting it serviced at Al Futtaim will cost me a bomb.
Is it OK to get the oil and filter changed at the petrol station (Which brand oil to use).[/b]
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby root on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:40 pm

Yeah for oil and filter just take it to any petrol station or those Grand Lube stations.

Otherwise Al-Futtaim will charge you an extra 250-300 for their so-called 'check-up', on top of the oil change.

Oil wise, I personally dont think there is much difference as long as you still stick with the proper brands..BP, Mobil1, Caltex. Even Enoc, Emarat are also fine...have used them without any notice of difference.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Pacific on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Dear Root, Thanks for the quick reply. A Gentle reminder you answered part of the query -

What do you think is the best spot to get the whole service done. A place which is reliable and cost effective as well.
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby root on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:55 pm

Hmmm, hard to say as I don't have an Accord myself.

For major services, it might make sense to still go to Al-Futtaim..although more expensive, they do a full check-up, and you get a dealer stamp on the service book. You recover some of this money back when selling the car. As your car is not that old, it might make sense.

Other hear-say is that there are a bunch of professional services garages in Al-Quoz area, mainly on the road that connect SZR with Al-Khail road at the Mall of Emirates junction. There are 2-3 big garages with Bosch equipment and look fairly professional from outside. Their price range is like 75% of Al-Futtaim, so they are still not the cheapest. Might be worth trying out.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Thanks a Ton

Postby Pacific on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:14 am

Dear Root, You rock man, thanks for the lightning reply. :D
Pacific
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper