Cameras in Abu Dhabi

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Cameras in Abu Dhabi

Postby Ali on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:17 am

I was at Gitex last week and stopped by the Abu Dhabi police guy showing their radar and cameras! Had a nice pleasant chat with him.

Here's some information I learnt, which can be useful for all you guys:

- In Abu Dhabi they take your plate picture from behind and not front (this means that you cannot see who is driving...so you can still blame your wife when it was you speeding :))

- The camera can take pictures simultaneously of 5 lanes, each with their own speed. So don't think that you can speed past by in the slow lane and the camera won't catch you.

For the guy who got a wrong ticket...the policeman said he should just contact the police and they will show him the picture with speed verified in his lane.

The policeman said that Dubai is different from Abu Dhabi! Now we need someone from Dubai police dept to help us figure Dubai radars out!
Ali
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby Ferrari on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:21 pm

Good thing I live in Dubai so I can scream by on my bike and they can flash all they want! :)

(for you others...number plates on bikes are always in the back!)
Ferrari
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Hilarious!

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:51 pm

Hey Ali, your post was absolutly hilarious! It gives us a good idea of interviewing cops and posting any 'loops' we can find in the system for the benefit of our fellow autodealer readers. Now I'll be cruising the roads looking for them, just hope the cop on my beat speaks english!

Return to General Chat