Import a car from UAE to Saudi Arabia - should my presence i

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Import a car from UAE to Saudi Arabia - should my presence i

Postby Ashrafsajeer on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Dear Sir,

I would request your support to clarify me a doubt that:

If I need to import a car from UAE to Saudi Arabia, should my presence is to there in UAE. I mean without going to Dubai, if my relative select a car for me and if i send my resident permit copy is it possible to ship the car to Saudi

Appreciate your response please

thanks
Asharaf
ashrafsajeer@gmail.com
Ashrafsajeer

My Ride: Toyota Corolla
My Profession: HR
My Dream Ride: SUV

Re: Import a car from UAE to Saudi Arabia - should my presence i

Postby root on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Well, you can always try.
The normal process to get the car from UAE is that you need to get export papers made. This entails first that the vehicle is inspected by Tasjeel/Muroor where they check the VIN/Chassi number that its the same as the license.
Then you need to take the plates off, and go get some papers made for 'export'. For this typing of papers, you will need copies of your passport/residence and then sign some papers. So, as long as those papers are signed by you, I guess you can do this without being in UAE.

I'm sure you can ask some car export dealer to help you here. He'll charge you a service fee but will get you the papers made and probably knows how to fastest get it done. There are many of these dealers in Awir area.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to General Chat