How do you ge automotive entertainment during winter?

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

How do you ge automotive entertainment during winter?

Postby azi malik on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:54 am

Although we're only a little over 5 weeks into a rather mild winter our hibernating project cars and a lack of garage space mean we're already starting to go a little stir crazy.

This weekend we want to know what kind of car or truck related pursuits keep you occupied during the coldest season. How do you provide yourself with automotive entertainment during the winter?

To be honest I'm not really sure how to answer this question myself, which is largely why I asked it. After a few winters where the answer to this question was at best keeping my 4runner out of the hands of tow truck drivers like these, I have a yard and some place to park. Unfortunately my lack of usable garage space and the salt on the road means my project cars will be remaining in storage until the spring no matter how antsy I get.

I'm thinking about getting something old and already rusty to drive through the winter. Recently the prospect of buying a rusty Scout, full size Suburban or air-cooled Volkswagens has been sounding better than ever. I'm a big believer in not driving anything you care about through a New England winter, but I think getting something already rusty into barely roadworthy shape and going cruising might be a perfect cure for my seasonal car boredom.

azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to General Chat