A new car club Idea.

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

A new car club Idea.

Postby Hutch on Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi all,

I am thinking of starting a local based motor club. I know we have the Harley club, Porsche club, the Ferrari, Lambo's etc.. ofcourse you need to own one of these rides in order to become a member on these clubs.

But what if, there was a website, where one could join in and become a member and then could trade their own cars with other members? For example: A person who owns a Lamborgini for instance, wants to drive the new GTR, if two members agree they could go ahead and drive each others car for a day together while interacting, socializing, having fun, meeting new people and sharing their car hobbies together. Think of it as a social-media hub for car enthusiast but only local based.

One could join in and discuss their passion for cars with other people. An opportunity is given to drive/ trade in for a day or 2 (if you want) your cars with other members. This would bring all sort of car enthusiast at one place. Although a fee may require for you to become a member of course.

Its just an idea that I like to share with you guys and would gladly like some responses. So, if anyone is interested or even dislikes the idea please do comment.

Much appreciated.
Hutch

My Ride: Mazda 3
My Profession: Entrepreneur
My Dream Ride: Dodge Challenger

Re: A new car club Idea.

Postby azi malik on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:34 pm

hey man... thanks for sharing the idea... but the basic hurdle in this idea is that 1st of all a person owning a lambo will be rich enough to try out the new GTR. plus when u have that expensive cars... you do not need in any way or within any circumstances wana share your sports car with a random guy who owns another sports car just like that... you need to know him better... and through internet... this thing can get your website into trouble where actual scammers can also come...
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Postby Hutch on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Hey azi, thanks for reply back.

Well, for starters, a membership fee is given out. The whole website is going to be loosely based on the 'need for speed' game design. So it kinda gives the user a 'gamely' experience. Each member would have their profile along with their cars up for trade in along with little details about themselves and their cars.

I was also thinking of putting up a feature known as 'street rep' which basically is going to be a meter given to every member. The way it works is that the more cars you have trade in, or met with other members, attended clubs events etc.. the higher your street rep meter would be. These are just tiny details nd features that I am working out to introduce in the club.

You are right, no body can just give out their cars just like that to strangers. But that's the point of putting a polished out, spot on social media network for car enthusiast. Its not about just about the lambo's, or the ferraris but its also about the meeting and making new relations with others.

In my opinion, if a guy who owns for example a lancer, completely tuned up, nice rims, paint jobs, new body work... the whole lot! wouldn't it be nice to meet other people who have done something similar with their cars and actually go, meet up and interact with each other.

As for scammers, details are needed to become a member and those details are going to be passed first to be legit so no scammers can come in.

Insurances would be also given to members so they could easily trade in their cars incase of an accident (worst case scenario here).

so yeah... thanks again for sharing. If any other view point you would like to comment on, pls don't hesitate. just shoot! lol
Hutch

My Ride: Mazda 3
My Profession: Entrepreneur
My Dream Ride: Dodge Challenger

Postby root on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:59 pm

Nice idea! There did pop up a few car-sharing clubs a few years back in UAE, on a similar model to those in Europe and elsewhere. They basically had a dozen or so hot super-cards (Lambos, Ferraris, Astons, etc) and you needed to buy into the membership, which gave you a right to a certain number of days per month - a time-share for super-cars in other words. Not sure if they are still around or how they are doing.

There are then the informal meet-up clubs, where people gather on weekends with their rides, some street racing, other times just showing off what they've done. There are track nights at the Autodrome that is visited by many of these enthusiasts.
Maybe that's the place to start off, and get a bunch of like-minded people to buy into the idea.

Personally, if I've got a darling car that either I've tuned up, or paid big bucks to purchase, I'm very careful on who can drive it - even my wife. Most of my friends with similar cars I've seen react the same. The only times one gets to drive others cars, is when you have really good credibility of being an ace-driver! and this happens more often before the guy has bought the car and wants you to come with him during the test-drive.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to General Chat