Speeding tickets dispute?

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Speeding tickets dispute?

Postby AliRaja on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:39 pm

Can anyone share their experience with disputing speeding tickets with Dubai Police?
I recently got a speeding ticket on Sheikh Zayed Road by unfortunately being in the middle lane while someone zoomed past. I saw the flash but I was within the limits. I feared that it might catch me and now I see that there is a speeding ticket against me. I know I am correct, but how do I go about proving that?
And is the process and hassle worth fighting or should I just pay out the 150-200 dirhams and call it bad-luck?

Ali Raja
AliRaja

Postby 50cents on Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:34 pm

I think you should fight it because you are right and they are wrong!
Let us know how it goes!

Is it worth the money? Probably not, but someones got to take a stand :)
50cents

Don't let up!

Postby Overdrive on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:58 pm

I'm pretty sure that you can get by if you show up and fight it out! And, yes, I second the request to share your experience, I have a feeling that this will happen again and its better we know how to handle it...
Overdrive
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby Ferrari on Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:40 am

I heard a guy who got a speeding ticket from Fujairah on dates he was never there.
To contest it, he had to take a day off to go to Fujairah to the police and try to get out of it. It would've been cheaper to just pay the 150 dhm fine.

But as everyone else, i would say go fight for your right! They should have a picture of you with the speed recorded.
Ferrari
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Return to General Chat