Fined in Ajman by a Nakib "Must Read"

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Fined in Ajman by a Nakib "Must Read"

Postby symbiose on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:00 am

Salam All

Just want to share what happened to me last Thursday (Aarafa Day), I was driving quietly (80Km/h) to Ajman city center, suddenly in Khalifa road a guy with his poor rav4 enter the road and directly he took the extreme left, I used my lights to make him wake up and no way, he was driving 40 and without any care. I overtaken him but it was late we reached the stop light under the bridge going to Hamidia. Then he came in front of me and start shouting on me, I was so quiet and I asked him to move ahead, he got angry and he started shouting "this is not your country" I say ok please go ahead, he then overtaken me and he forced me to stop, he came down of his rav4 and he said: "Nakib ....his name, give me your license and registration" he showed me an ID but it was brief, so as I don't know the rules and because it was a personal problem and not related to something else I refused to give him. He then said: " ha rawik"
10min later my phone rings with Ajman land-line number, I answered, it was the police near the municipality - near LULU, I want their they put me in a room for sometimes and after they came with paper, I got 3 fines:
1- Failure to show license (200AED)
2- Failure to show registration (200AED)
3- Transport of passengers without authorization (200AED + 4point)
4- They asked to keep my car for 3days
I am shocked to see how can people abuse their authority in Ajman, and I am like lost, after what happened I was sick for 3days and I am just recovering now.
I recovered my car yesterday after waiting more than 40min while the police man was calling this Nakib, and guess what; this Nakib is one of the managers in this police station, so he was not mistaken to send me to his fief
Please advice what I can do to stop this bad jock, any advice is much appreciated.
symbiose

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Manager
My Dream Ride: Bugatti

Re: Fined in Ajman by a Nakib "Must Read"

Postby root on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Damn! This looks like abuse of power.
Question is really what you can do, without making it even worse. Normally messing around with the police in any country is more of a head-ache than anything else. If you want justice you can always go to the courts, but you'll end up spending more money and time.

My friendly advice would be to talk to your Sponsor and get his/her advice on this matter, and use their influence instead.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby symbiose on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Dear Root

Thanks for your reply, I will go to court for sure. however, I am an employee of a company located in Free Zone so sponsor suggestion is not working in my case.

Best Regards
symbiose

Postby root on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:48 pm

The free zone also has officers that should help any sponsored companies. If you are employee of a FZ company, I would suggest that at least take confidence of your company's management.

I don't know how fruitful a court case will be without any witnesses. Your word against his word!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Brembo on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:40 pm

sorry to hear that. so basically you were fined 600dhs + 4 black points and car impounded for 3 days all for nothing? if you have the time and resources (lots of it)you could try fighting it in court.
i know this is not our country, but without all of us this country would be nothing, too bad some people dont realize that!
when the guy cut you off, did you honk and flash like crazy? maybe that pissed him off. what i do is just pick another lane n keep going, keeps my blood pressure low and no honking/flashing :)
Brembo
Street Racer
Street Racer

My Ride: riced up honda civic
My Profession: delivery boy
My Dream Ride: toyota corolla white

Postby fastbeak on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:23 pm

ur story is familiar...
if that prick was off-duty... this makes a case in ur favor...
1st... you need to go to the HEAD-QUARTERS of Ajman Police and request to see a Major or some senior/duty manager you can find (someone senior to this so-called nakib)... explain to him ur pain... surely u will get justice... they listen... especially if its against someone in their department... they do... the trick here is not to raise your voice... be very calm... let the officer judge you of your character...
2nd... there is always a good lawyer who can give u best advice...

between 1st and 2nd, I chose 1st... good luck!!!

hi guys!
fastbeak
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby symbiose on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:01 am

Thanks a lot guys, I think you are right, I called one guy yesterday who use to work in the court, he told me no way you will spend time and you may end with bigger fine (3k AED +) so he advise me to go and see the guy, but I am not ready to see this guy again, so I ll follow fastbeak's advice, I ll go for option 1...
I'll keep you updated
symbiose

Postby T.N.T on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:15 pm

That is so wrong. I second what Brembo said.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby khaloods on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi All, excuse me for not showing up for littel time as I am not felling weel now days.

It is really sad to hear all this, I hate this attitude, but really in this country we can't do alot.

Basically they are Proud of what ? God knows the best.

In my openion the best is given by Fastbeak, go and meet someone at higher rank, as he was not on duty this could help you a lot.

Secondly as Ajman Police comes under Abu Dhabi Authority, just visit their site and write a complain and ask them to ask this guy to sware on Quran that I was on fault and tell them the timing as he was not on duty and not is Police Car, and if still he will insist on same then forget it, Allah will punish him for his life.
khaloods
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: Looking to Ride the Pride of Land
My Profession: Telecom Consultant
My Dream Ride: Jaguar XJ

Postby docaam on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:50 pm

I think you should visit the HQ...my issue is different but it worked. I had quiet lots of fines this year so I went to Alain HQ and asked for a discount, and the guy agreed to reduce it and took my papers. They will update me next week. My point is that do listen
docaam
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

My Ride: 07 G35s sedan
My Profession: Healthcare
My Dream Ride: 09 STI

Postby ewap8 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Wow, some country and some authority. Its a shame this happened, but I'm 100% positive this happens all the time. This is one of the reasons I avoid venturing out of Dubai. At least the police here is required to know english and listen to you. Cops in Sharjah and beyond are complete morons, on a power trip.
ewap8
Drift King
Drift King

My Ride: Infiniti FX (2010)
My Profession: N/A
My Dream Ride: Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Postby uubiae on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:10 pm

jassiey wrote:Can some1 provide exact map location and contact number for for Ajman aquarium?
free calls to Pakistan and weight loss
Thanks

Sister just google it you will get exact map
uubiae

My Profession: teacher
My Dream Ride: noth

Return to General Chat