Salik Tricks

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

Postby root on Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:46 pm

I wonder when a Salik tag copier will start selling. People have been selling phone SIM copiers for a while, and that is difficult stuff due to all the encryptions. So an RFID reader and writer should be pretty much a commodity item available anywhere.

Now I would not like to be the victim of a copied RFID.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Salik Tricks

Postby danishsuku on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:38 am

As far as salik tags go....as somebody mentioned they are RFIDs....which means they dont really need to be on ur windsheild. They just have to be anywhere in ur car as long as a radio signal can access them, not inside a metal case or so. The signal that comes in identifies the chip....doesnt need to "see" it. I guess the whole windsheild was brought up just to have an easier check of people were actually using it.

And if thats how it works, i dont realise how the system would know if one is not using a tag. The system has nothing to read as there is no chip. The cameras above the salik system look like usual CCTVs, and as far as i know, in dubai, they havent installed an image processing software to read plates. So if u went below the salik without a tag, according to the system nobody went through.

In the UK, the congestion charge works on identifying the plates, where an image processing software runs your plate through their system and it checks to see if u have paid up. Thats a bloody expensive system, and i would say this salik is a cheaper way of imposing a fee and proably not a fool prrof one.
danishsuku
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby root on Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:53 am

From what I heard, the CCTV cameras are extremely fast cameras and they do have software to recognize plates (they have this for the speeding cameras as well).

The problem earlier allegedly was the angle that the CCTV cameras were mounted on did not catch the number plates, so even if people passed by they could not get caught.

I've heard of people towing their motor-bikes on a truck getting Salik fines as the camera reads that as well. Must be from behind as bikes only have plates in the back.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dirksqjaw on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:43 am

Is it confirmed that you can put the salik tag on the dash, and not on your actual window? Man, that would be sweet. That thing sticks out like a sore thumb and is so ugly!

-Dirk
Dirksqjaw

My Ride: BMW 545i

Postby T.N.T on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Hey! You are on UB too!
I guess it will work on the dash.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:36 pm

Dashboard should work. However, I wonder if the tints have any effect on the tags?

Some guys mentioned that metallic based tints effect your mobile and radio coverage...have not been able to investigate if thats a hoax or true (logically, metallic tints should boost signal)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Murth on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:51 am

Did anyone manage to try the spray or the tag number change successfully? Jugding by the fact that the last response was in 2007 I guess not but wanted to check nevertheless. I hate Salik and if there is a way around it I would love to know.
Murth

My Ride: Audi A5
My Profession: Banking
My Dream Ride: Porsche Panamera

Postby root on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:08 am

I doubt that the spray stuff would help! Too many cameras these days and they will catch you eventually.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tal_al_ on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Interesting discussion on tryin to violate, I must report you guys to the police :P
tal_al_
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: Honda Civic 2004 1.6L
My Profession: Engineer
My Dream Ride: RR Wraith/RR Overfinch

Postby root on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:35 pm

if any of them ever worked :)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat