All New Renault Laguna

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

All New Renault Laguna

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:19 pm

The styling of the redesigned Renault Laguna may be a bit tepid for some tastes, but you have to give a nod to the French automaker's commitment to keeping the car on a strict diet, even as its proportions grew. The automaker said it is the first Renault to be lighter than its predecessor, shedding an "average of 15 kg [33 pounds] across all versions."

The new Laguna Hatch and Sport Tourer will make their debut in September at the Frankfurt auto show, with pricing and technical specs to be released closer to the launch date in October. Renault lifted the sheets on its large family car on Monday, releasing images and a bit of information about such things as engine range. The engine lineup includes three new offerings: a 110-horsepower 1.5-liter dCi, a 130-hp 2.0-liter dCi and a 140-hp 2.0-liter. Six-speed gearboxes are standard across the lineup. Renault said the 1.5-liter dCi returns 55.4 mpg in combined city/highway driving. Renault said the new engines "will be added gradually after launch," without spelling out a specific timetable.

The new Laguna Hatch is 1.4 inches wider, 0.4 inch longer and 0.5 inch taller than the current model. The Laguna was first launched in 1993.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Re: All New Renault Laguna

Postby thomasrandy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 am

I always rely on Renault as the best French car manufacturer in the world. I love to have one and of course Carlos Ghosn would likely added some Japanese touch to this car from Nissan.
thomasrandy
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: I don't know what I ride - Just Cruising around
My Profession: Merchandizer
My Dream Ride: Any Pickup truck

Return to General Chat