New Traffic Rules From Dubai Police

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

New Traffic Rules From Dubai Police

Postby sushi on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:33 pm

Got this today from some friends! Dont know how new these are (the fines seem new and higher) and if its true or a hoax. But anyhow, worth being careful regardless!

sushi-man!

Subject: Crossing the Yellow Line (Driving on the shoulder of a street)

The Traffic Division greets you and wishes to draw your attention to a serious traffic offence committed by drivers which is driving on the shoulder of streets (crossing the yellow line). As this is a grave offence and leads to reckless endangerment of the lives of other drivers as well as being a grave breach of Traffic Law, the Dubai Police has decided to take firm action to stop this kind of Offence which is as follows:

1. Impounding of vehicle for six months.

2. Applying the laws concerning fines and ancillaries thereof.

3. For those working as drivers, they must be deported and proof of deportation must be provided.

4. Six black points are given.

5. The driving license shall be withdrawn in case of committing this offence twice, and shall not be returned to its owner until he/she passes a difficult test and pays a fine of 3,000 Dirhams.

6. After all of the above procedures have been completed, the vehicle will be released.

===========================================================

Kindly note that the traffic fines will be as follows:

Radar: Dhs. 500 instead of Dhs. 200/-

Cutting a red sign: Dhs.1,500/- instead of Dhs. 500/- for the first time & 3 days in jail for the second time.

For all who drive in Dubai, All Dubai except Jumeirah:

All Dubai radars have been reset to catch if your speed is 10 Km/Hr above the street speed. In other words, If the speed limit is 100 Km/Hr (like beginning of SHK Zayed Road) you shouldn't exceed 109 Km/Hr.

[Before was: if the road speed limit is 100 Km/Hr, the radar only was to catch if the speed is 120 Km/Hr]

Jumeirah (Main Roads only)

The speed limit is 80 Km/Hr and radar will catch on 81 Km/Hr

Jumeirah (Suburb Roads only):

There are hidden radar cameras. The speed limit in these villas areas is 40 Km/Hr. YES it is only 40 Km/Hr

===========================================================

Therefore, please pass this information to all of your colleagues and acquaintances as well as drivers working for you or your company in participation of our campaign to clarify this issue and to emphasize that any offence will not be tolerated and the above penalties shall be applied to all offenders to preserve the safety of all drivers and users of the road, as well as to uphold the law.

Please drive safely
sushi

This is crazy

Postby HATE RADARS on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:04 am

500 dhm is crazy for radar fine. I need to sell my car and start taking the taxi instead. It will be cheaper.
HATE RADARS

Radar detector

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:01 pm

HELLO evryone!
which radar detector works in Dubai and Abudhabi? Where can i buy?
thankyou

81 km in Jumeirah

Postby gary on Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:48 pm

I find it strange that you can start a fine after 1 km over-the-speed. What if the camera or your speedometer is mis-tuned?
gary

Re: 81 km in Jumeirah

Postby Guest on Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:52 pm

ya right. on sheikh zayed rd i alwas see people speeding like over 160 kph

160 is nothing..i've seen 260!

Postby Guest on Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:13 pm

There are loads of maniacs on the road! 160 is very common.
If you drive towards Jebel Ali or Abu Dhabi after 10-11 PM you will see some real maniacs driving at over 200. Most of them are Abu Dhabi number plates anxious to go home or too drunk to know how fast they are driving. I make a point not to be in the fast lanes and in the path of their road-rage!

0 to grave-yard in 4.3 seconds ;)

Re: 160 is nothing..i've seen 260!

Postby GRR on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:17 pm

YA LIKE THE DUBAI POLICE WOULD DO ANYTHING IF YA SPEED! I ALWAYS GO OVER THE LIMIT! THEIR JUST TRYIN TA SCARE YA!
GRR

Return to General Chat