The Silver Audi

Discuss what's new, which are the best cars, bikes and off-roaders....

Moderator: azi malik

The Silver Audi

Postby TheEditor on Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:17 pm

Just got these pictures forwarded by some friends of a Silver Audi. Yes, "Silver-plated" and not only Silver-metallic colour!

Seems like it is somewhere in this region. Anyone know more information about this beauty? How much is it for? Who imported it?

Feel free to discuss!

TheEditor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:21 pm

imagine the poor guy who has to polish the car every morning :?

Silver car is a hoax

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:19 pm

Check your facts. It is not silver at all, but polished aluminum.

Finally someone figured it out!

Postby TheEditor on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:56 pm

Hey, Congratulations! I was wondering how long it would take before someone would come out with it. You could've atleast written your name to the post.

Anyhow, here's the MTM site that provides the official version of the car:

[url]http://www.mtm-online.de/en/highlights_audi_a8d3_poliert.html
[/url]

Extract from the site:

In Dubai the mtm Audi A8 polished was the eye-catcher. The car was analysed and in many studies the enamel varnish of the aluminium car body was removed. Furthermore the car was cleaned. After that, the car body was poslihed with fine abrasive paper as well as special polishes to high gloss. The blank dress must not have any defects, because of the fact that retouching was not possible. Finaly the car was protected with special clear varnish against enivornmental impacts.
Because of the fact that it is impossible to polish plastic parts like front- and rearspoiler, mirror house, side sillboard or also fuel tank cap, they were enameled in a complex way to get a chrom effect. Finaly they were polished with clear varnish.
TheEditor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Finally someone figured it out!

Postby Guest on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:44 pm

HEEEEY! i live in saudi arabia and ive seen a car just like that! :lol:

MTM

Postby Rocky on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:36 pm

Its funny! I spoke with the MTM folks at the Dubai Auto Exhibition and they were also very amused with the publicity they got for their "silver" audi. They had some new nice cars as well. I have pics of those that I'll try to upload sometime.
Rocky

Re: MTM

Postby GRR on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:21 pm

I HAVE TA SAYTHAT CAR AINT HALF BAD....BUT STILL! ILL HAVE TA WASH THE THING EVERY DAY IF I HAD 1!
GRR

Return to General Chat