Honda (UK) gets first fleet order for i-DTEC cars

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Honda (UK) gets first fleet order for i-DTEC cars

Postby azi malik on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 am

2012_honda_civic_idtec__medium.jpg
2012_honda_civic_idtec__medium.jpg (24.18 KiB) Viewed 8428 times

The Co’dair Group, a design and publicity agency based in Essex, has ordered 18 vehicles powered by Honda’s 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine from Honda (UK)’s corporate sales team to replace its entire fleet, just days after the carmaker officially launched the model fitted with the powerplant. This first order proves the popularity of the widely anticipated diesel engine with the company car sector. According to John Dedross, Managing Director of The Co’dair Group, part of their decision-making process was to engage with a supplier that not only understands how its vehicles fit into the agency’s business now, but also how the company plans for the future. He remarked that The Co’dair Group has always demanded a lot from its vehicles and suppliers, with Honda having the strength and depth to meet its requirements. Dedross noted that the 1.6-litre diesel engine allowed the company to reduce its drivers’ Benefit In Kind taxation, fuel costs and service and maintenance budget.

The advanced i-DTEC diesel engine is the first to be introduced in Europe Honda’s flagship Earth Dreams Technology environmental program. The i-DTEC engine is offering customers an exceptional balance of high fuel economy and low emissions as well as thrilling performance – all at an affordable price. The i-DTEC engine, built in the United Kingdom, provides output of up to 120PS at 4,000rpm and torque of up to 300Nm at 2,000rpm. The engine boasts of emitting just 94 grams of carbon dioxide per kilometer and cruising up to 78.5 miles per gallon of fuel combined cycle. This combination of emissions, fuel economy and power is expected to further boost Honda’s reputation as a maker of high quality and environmentally efficient cars to the corporate sector. This also means a GreenFlag breakdown cover at competitive rates.

Lee Wheeler, Manager, Corporate Operations, Honda (UK), commented: “The Co’dair Group’s decision came after extensive analysis of the whole life costs of our new diesel engine. The order they has placed for 18 cars is confirmation of the positive results they found. We look forward to a long relationship with the company.”

source:Read Article
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News