where toi buy used and low priced bikes in Dubai or Sharjah

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

where toi buy used and low priced bikes in Dubai or Sharjah

Postby dennyx on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Hello guys,

I am looking to buy some old used bike 1000 CC or above. If someone know the person, place or area Kindly let me know.
Also where I can find the accident or scrap bikes in UAE.

Any help is appreciated.

My budget is 5000 only :( Poor man

regards
dennyx

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: SE
My Dream Ride: MAKO

Re: where toi buy used and low priced bikes in Dubai or Sharjah

Postby root on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Poor man Denny :) Welcome to the forums!

For 5k, you're stretching it to find a 1000 cc or above bike! At least not one that's working.

In Sharjah, the used bike market is near the Cricket Stadium. There are about a dozen of so dealers that get used bikes from Japan and sell there. You'll probably get the best deals here, but you need to know what to get and how to check if the bike will work and get 'passed'. Many of these bikes have not been started for months.

For over 1000 cc, you'll probably need to 'order' those, as they normally keep bikes upto 400-600 cc that move faster in the market.

Let us know your report of the area, once you're there! Personally not been there for a while :)
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby dennyx on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:53 pm

I was just kidding, but I can afford around 10 K. I need only a running bike but the over all condition is not necessary to be good or even ok. I need engine to be atleast fine.

I will be using the parts of that bike for one of my build project. More lower price is better for me coz I can overhall the engine and use after.

I was hopping if someone have some old bike standing for long time or not using is interested in getting off from their head. :)

DO you have any contact number, website or email so I can contact them before go there.

BTW I am in Saudi not in Dubai :) but I can come there vey quick
dennyx

Postby root on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:21 am

Ha..just pawned off my old Yamaha FZR a couple of months ago!
Search the forums. There might be some numbers people left. But in general hard to see or learn about the stock over the phone.

There are a couple of second hand motorbike shops/repair shops in Al-Awir in Dubai. You probably want to get in touch with them around parts. One is Motorcycle City (+971-4-3338336) . The other one is Al-Farooq (+971-4-3447139). But my experience with all of them is that you gotta go down and meet them. On the phone they'll not really entertain much of your requests (or understand what you want).
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dennyx on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:53 am

Root : Thanks pal for the info. You are right , I must be there to see and negotiate. I am going there next week and will check these guys.
Hope I can get something.
Thanks for the help and quick reply
dennyx

Postby root on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Pleasure!
Just remember to share what you learn during your trip. Your tips might help others, and keep us other updated on whats happening in the motobike-second-hand-scene these days.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Motor Biking