Saudi gets 150 lashes for 'drifting'

Stay current with daily news updates from local and international press.

Moderator: azi malik

Saudi gets 150 lashes for 'drifting'

Postby root on Thu May 03, 2012 1:07 pm

Black points are so 2011. The 2012 in thing is lashing.
Now this is what we call getting serious with solving the problem. After those 150 lashes, those Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift stunts might not be that appealing after all. With 150 lashes for drifting, I think 5 or 10 for tailgating should be permissible. And a couple for talking the phone will get all those ladies off the phone and pay attention to the street lights!
driftksa2.jpg
driftksa2.jpg (3.25 KiB) Viewed 1577 times

A young Saudi caught ‘drifting’ his car has been sentenced to 150 lashes, according to local press.

The man was sentenced at Hail District Court after police caught him driving dangerously on a number of occasions.

Maj Yehya Al-Biladi, Hail Police director, urged all young men to abstain from drifting and promised harsh penalties for those flout the law.

Last week, the Grand Mufti of Dubai said it is a sin to violate traffic rules, and condemned reckless driving.

He also said the notion that a seat belt is discouraged by Islam because safety is in God's hand was "completely wrong".

Car accidents in the UAE alone have cost AED17bn (US$4.6bn) over the last three years, or 1.6 percent of the UAE’s gross domestic product, according to a recent report.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/saudi-ge ... ab=Article

driftksa1.jpg
driftksa1.jpg (2.47 KiB) Viewed 6043 times
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Saudi gets 150 lashes for 'drifting'

Postby azi malik on Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 am

hahaha this is getting so saudi... i dono if after 150 somebody would be able to sit and drive again...
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Latest News