[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Autodealer UAE • View topic - Importing my 21 year old Duke

Importing my 21 year old Duke

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

Importing my 21 year old Duke

Postby Langers*123 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Evening all, any help is appreciated! I'm moving to Dubai next month and want to import my 21 year old 851. The removals company have told me that I can't do it as the bike is over 5 years old, sure enough this is in the importation rules and regs but there must be ways around this, I will be really hacked off if I have to get rid of the bike, i've certainly seen old and vintage bikes on the road in Dubai!

Cheers
Langers*123

My Ride: Ducati 851 Strada Original
My Profession: Contractor
My Dream Ride: DB9

Re: Importing my 21 year old Duke

Postby Langers*123 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Old Duke import update!
Evening all; I have now found out that although the customs paperwork and website says that you can't import a car/ bike over 5 years old, the law has just been changed so I can now import the bike, very happy now!!! :D
Langers*123

My Ride: Ducati 851 Strada Original
My Profession: Contractor
My Dream Ride: DB9

Re: Importing my 21 year old Duke

Postby azi malik on Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:55 am

woooaawww thats cool post some pics when it reaches here ;)
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Return to Motor Biking