Should I ship my CAR from US to Dubai ?

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Should I ship my CAR from US to Dubai ?

Postby USAcarDUBAI on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:01 am

Hello,

I trying to decide if I should ship my car from the USA to Dubai or sell my car in the US and then buy a car in Dubai? Can I get a reliable used car in Dubai for 40k - 50k AED?

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer with 50k miles on it. Runs PERFECT! If I sell it in the US I'll get around $10k - $14k USD. Seems like it could cost $3k-$4k USD to ship my car. Ideally I would like to sell my car in the US and take that money and buy something of same or greater value in Dubai ... not sure this is possible.

Interested in everyones thoughts - Thanks!!!
USAcarDUBAI

Postby T.N.T on Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:49 pm

I recommend selling the Explorer and buying something new here. Saves you the hassle.
Spending around $3k on a car that is worth around $10-14k isn't sensible IMO.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:21 am

Tend to agree with TNT without doing much research on what a similar car would cost here.

Check what a similar car costs (use the search on this site...there are loads of Explorers) and you'll get an idea if its worth the transport cost + hassle, or not.

Just FYI, there are people that import 2nd hand cars from US and sell them in UAE (or wider Middle-East) and make a profit out of it...which says to me that the cars are more expensive here than US.

Your 3k transport is rather steep for a 10k car.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Should I ship my CAR from US to Dubai ?

Postby dohboy_exports on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:55 am

High end vehicles are going for very cheap in Canada right now. If you guys need a connection to get those amazing economy collapsing prices. gettin while the gettin is good. Email -Danny dohboy_das@msn.com
dohboy_exports

My Ride: cadillac 2001 deville
My Profession: recoveries import/export trades
My Dream Ride: lambo

Postby mblack on Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:50 pm

Vehicles are very cheap in the US than what you pay in Dubai. If you guys need a connection to get anything you like at a great price email -Michael thronsmotors@aol.com
mblack

My Ride: 2002 WHITE GMC YUKON DENALI XL
My Profession: AUTO BROKER
My Dream Ride: BENZ S600

Postby american boy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 am

I just shipped my 2007 Audi A3 Sline 3.2 here. It arrived about 2 months ago and cost about $4500 to ship from the east coast.

The reason we shipped was a simple cost/benefit analysis. We would have lost substatially more trying to sell a one year old car than shipping it (which was paid for). Generally cars in the Middle East are about 20% cheaper than the U.S. simply because of state and federal taxes.

Used cars are plentiful but a rather mixed bag. Right now the used car market is pretty soft as a lot of expats are leaving which helps your buying ability. Make sure you buy a car that has been dealer maintained with records, preferably from a western expat.

Registering a North American spec'd car is no problem and you don't have that annoying noise at 120 km/h.
american boy

My Ride: Audi S3 3.2
My Profession: NA
My Dream Ride: NA

Postby root on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 am

Which cars are 20% cheaper here?

BMWs are cheaper in USA.
Porsche is about the same price level.
VW is cheaper in USA.
Mercs are these days cheaper as well.

The american japanese are definitely cheaper in US.

I wonder which cars you are referring to?
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby american boy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:43 am

Sorry man...I know what I know. I was just in the States 5 months ago and across the board cars are cheaper here... all cars. Disagree if you want.
american boy

Postby T.N.T on Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:20 pm

american boy wrote:Sorry man...I know what I know. I was just in the States 5 months ago and across the board cars are cheaper here... all cars. Disagree if you want.

I choose to disagree. Prove your point if you can.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby american boy on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:42 pm

prove my point? whatever...prove I'm wrong. Mr. "Give respect, get respect"
american boy

Postby root on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Go to Sharjah or Ajman second hand car market and talk with any dealer. They are importing almost all of their cars from US. These are used cars. A lot of Lexus, Infinitis but a bit of everything. There must be some logic for them doing this.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby vidonas on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:53 pm

Hello,

We are shipping company which ships cars and other commodity everywhere. If you need to shipping cars ore something else from USA to any destination, that’s mean this letter is for you. We are based in Garden City, GA which is Savannah, GA area. We do have warehouses in SAVANNAH, GA , Chicago, IL, New Jersey, NJ, Los Angeles, CA. We can provide access to any auction in USA. We deliver your auto from original location (auction, parking...) to one of our warehouses. ( Or you can do it yourself ) We are working with no 3rd parties. We work straight with stem ship line – there are no 3rd parties – that’s why we can offer the best rates. We work with CMA CGM, MAEU, MOL , MSCU, OOCL. Why you should have to pay more, why you should have to pay brokerage fee. We can save your money. We can load 3, 4 and even 5 cars in a 40ft high cube. The vehicles in containers always will be braced and chain professionally with double security for top and bottom cars. We use chains and wood load locks for top vehicles. We do not charge for any custom formalities (documentation) or container move. We will provide pictures for all cars before loading.
Also we will be happy to work with your bookings.
For more info and rates where are you interested please call o e-mail @ PH# 1-912-963-9737 or loadshipping@yahoo.com & savannah@balticautoshipping.com
vidonas

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: carshipper
My Dream Ride: MB S550AMG

Postby T.N.T on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:30 pm

american boy wrote:prove my point? whatever...prove I'm wrong. Mr. "Give respect, get respect"

Here you go Mr.Ignorance:

Mercedes:

S500
UAE Price: $ 117,599
S550 USA Price: $ 89,350

CL500
UAE Price: $ 139,648
CL550 USA Price: $ 107,900

Oh, and if you don't know, the Americans get the S550 and CL550 which are better than the 500s we get but are still way cheaper.

BMW:

335i Sedan
UAE Price: $ 65,332
USA Price: $ 40,300

650i Coupe
UAE Price: $ 104,804
USA Price: $ 78,200

750Li
UAE Price: $ 110,249
USA Price: $ 84,200

P.S: You proved how much of an idiot you are in your first post itself by paying $4500 for shipping. :)
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Guys! Lets keep it civilized here! No name callings!
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby american boy on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:30 am

So Mr.u've proved get no respect...you've proved absolutly nothingf you moron, all you've done is make up some prices to prove your stupidity. Your emails prove you know nothing about the market in the States...actually you probably can't even get a visa to the States

By the way you obviously can't read very well either, I din't pay to have my car shipped my company did.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the site
american boy

Next

Return to Imported Second Hands