Toyota Celica

Discuss how to tune up vehicles, whats legal and whats not, where to get mods done, body kits, spoilers, ...

Moderator: azi malik

Re: Toyota Celica

Postby Fokkae on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:55 am

I can definitley depend on you for sound feedback, when I was checking online some engine components I got a serious shock from the prices...the 2zzge blitz supercharger for around 25k, or a 2000cc stroker kit for 8-9k...is this right or there's something wrong?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: 1968 El Camino Puto

Postby T.N.T on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:28 pm

Are those local prices or online store prices? If local, then they are correct.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Man shit. these are some crazy prices, Then what can I do to improve the preformance of my car without overkilling my budget I mean when I put small things like an oil cooler, sparkplugs and race oil filter it made a small but notable improvment. what other minor adjustments can I make that will yeild better preformance? Ive spent nearly what was left of my money on a radiator kit, rollcage/strut bar, intake filter and Cfiber hood. now all I have left is the money for the 2zz engine but you know, this engine has a lot of life left in it and I'm keeping it for another 15000km or so till I can find a fairly priced half cut from japan. All I want to do now is exhaust all options on using components that can be reinstalled on the new engine or ways other than engine upgrades. thanks :D
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby Fokkae on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:24 pm

I forgot to ask you, what is the role of a radiator and is it because of the radiator the car preformes better in the night than in the morning because of the heat or is it because of the air temprature going into the intakes?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Fokkae wrote:Man shit. these are some crazy prices, Then what can I do to improve the preformance of my car without overkilling my budget I mean when I put small things like an oil cooler, sparkplugs and race oil filter it made a small but notable improvment. what other minor adjustments can I make that will yeild better preformance?

A few points you should keep in mind:

- Forced induction is never cheap, both in the short and long run
- You can do all that stuff you mentioned and it will improve performance but trust me, there won't any noticeable difference
- Minor adjustments almost never yield better feel-able performance

Fokkae wrote:I forgot to ask you, what is the role of a radiator and is it because of the radiator the car preformes better in the night than in the morning because of the heat or is it because of the air temprature going into the intakes?

Who told you that? The car might perform better but:

- Not quite noticeably
- Don't even think of stuff like that! You are living in a region that is hot during the night and just hotter during the day. The temperature difference is very minimal to even give a 'not quite noticeable' difference
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:09 pm

What are you saying man?. Why else would I keep furthering tuneups unless I can actually experience an improvment I mean when I stiffened the suspention the car cornered much better I got rid of some understeer but when I had them install a minor object such as the rear tower bar the car became even stiffer and even better at corners now this is what I mean when we consider the suspention, the wheels, tower bar, chasis brace and rollcage that adds up to a huge differnece in how the car handles that is what I mean when a collection of small improvments yields a reward in preformance, likewise in terms of power and torque delivery when we combine the intake, exhaust, oil filter/ cooler and radiator I really did believe what I was told since the car ran smoother, breathed better especially at high rpms throw in the weight reduction from the gutted trunk and removal of unnessary parts are you telling me that all this sum of alterations will not yield a better preformance? come on... and you didnt tell me what was radiator role. thanks:D
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Fokkae wrote:What are you saying man?. Why else would I keep furthering tuneups unless I can actually experience an improvment I mean when I stiffened the suspention the car cornered much better I got rid of some understeer but when I had them install a minor object such as the rear tower bar the car became even stiffer and even better at corners now this is what I mean when we consider the suspention, the wheels, tower bar, chasis brace and rollcage that adds up to a huge differnece in how the car handles that is what I mean when a collection of small improvments yields a reward in preformance,

Was I talking about suspension? NO
The suspension mods you mentioned are the major mods that you can do to improve your handling because there is not much to it.

Fokkae wrote:likewise in terms of power and torque delivery when we combine the intake, exhaust, oil filter/ cooler and radiator I really did believe what I was told since the car ran smoother, breathed better especially at high rpms throw in the weight reduction from the gutted trunk and removal of unnessary parts are you telling me that all this sum of alterations will not yield a better preformance? come on... and you didnt tell me what was radiator role. thanks:D

Even if you combine all those parts you mentioned (throw in spark plugs too), you won't get more than 10 whp extra. Now you might be a person who is easily satisfied with that but I personally don't even count that as a gain. To me it is nill.
I NEVER said that it won't give you better performance at all, its just that it won't be much different from stock.
Weoght reduction is one thing that will improve your car around corners and I wasn't talking about that in my earlier post when I said you won't get noticeable gains. I was talking about:

Fokkae wrote:Man shit. these are some crazy prices, Then what can I do to improve the preformance of my car without overkilling my budget I mean when I put small things like an oil cooler, sparkplugs and race oil filter it made a small but notable improvment.

Fokkae wrote:and you didnt tell me what was radiator role. thanks:D

Wanna waste your money? Get a high performance radiator. Period.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:40 am

No problem my friend, Iam starting to see the light and that is why I keep visiting this forum, so people like you can be the educational vehicle which will take my humble self to a destination where I don't feel ignorant, and my small brain dosen't seem so small. sorry for causing any trouble; all I need is advice :oops:
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:25 pm

You didn't cause any trouble! I'm here to help :)
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:14 am

Halo Balo again, I have a few questions about some engine components.,

I want to ask about the difference between camshaft profiles lets say 260's, 270's and 280's, whats the difference and the benifits/disadvantages

valves, valve springs and con rods benifits of replacing stock ones with aftermarket

high compression pistons vs low compression ones, Thanks :D
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:36 am

I don't know much about engine internals so I guess you are asking the wrong person :)
Here is what I know though:

Cam profiles: Well, those numbers you stated are for timing (I could be wrong here) There are no disadvantages but it just depends on what kind of use you need them for. Road, race or track. Bigger number means a more aggressive cam profile. I have friends who tune Civics and Type-R engines and this is all I know. I still could be wrong.

Valves, valve springs: Aftermarket ones are lighter and more sturdier. Once you tune your engine for high-revs, the stock ones just won't cut it. Lighter and stronger valves means faster opening and longer life at high-rpm (like on the track)

Pistons: Lighter pistons will certainly help the engine (anything light is good) High compression pistons are good for N/A applications and low compressions are generally suited to force induction. That is all I know. If you really want to up the performance of your engine, try looking for a stroker kit.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Any info is better than no info,Man you don't know how frustrated iam about the fact that I stil didnt find the 2zz Ive done a lot of improvments to the handling/cooling and I can't do anything unless I get my the new engine that's why I was asking earlier about upgrading things that can used for both engines so when I get the 2zz I just transfer the parts to it but no use now exept just seeing what can I do to the new engine and just wait till i find it. I just have to decide between n/a or F/I

What do you think about a skyline gts, Ive been advised not to go for it since its not awd and drifts alot but what are the ods of finding an unmolested gtr with a managble price?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:30 pm

Fokkae wrote:What do you think about a skyline gts, Ive been advised not to go for it since its not awd and drifts alot but what are the ods of finding an unmolested gtr with a managble price?

None :)
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby TheAlmightyKingTroll on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:03 am

This Fokkae character talks about necrophilia molesting kids on youtube! Don't believe me, look up his channel called Fokkae and see the type of comments he makes. He wants your vehicle so he can steal your kids later!
TheAlmightyKingTroll

Previous

Quick reply

Return to Performance Tuning