Toyota Celica

Discuss how to tune up vehicles, whats legal and whats not, where to get mods done, body kits, spoilers, ...

Moderator: azi malik

Re: Toyota Celica

Postby Fokkae on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Mitsubishi GTO, You can see pictures on any search engine. I've finally narrowed down the search so thats why Iam planning to get the celica anyway becuase f&%#ing love the car and either a subaru legacy AWD or a GTO it depends on the availability of spare parts and tuning potential. I heard that GTO parts are not easily found and have been advised to go for an eclipse, I saw a 2003 eclipse that looks fairly satisfying but isnt that a FWD car?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

My Ride: 1968 El Camino Puto

Postby T.N.T on Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 pm

It is most likely FWD but a 4WD version was also produced known as the Eclipse GSX.
Subaru parts are cheap but hard to find, 3000GT is just too much of a hassle.
If your definition of a 'fast car' means adding an intake and exhaust, go for the Celica.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Man, after discssing the modifications that will be done to the celica I realised that there will be no second car, I'll have to save any money I have for stages of change.So far Im altering the suspention, brakes and replacing the stock 15"s with lightweight 17" alloys and replacing the exhuast pipe and muffler. the bitches at tasjeel said the car was too loud since the exhuast was defiltered when it was in the USA. the car itself is a roaddevourer but the zzt engine has limitaions which is why when I can cough up some extra money later I'm going for an engine swap for GTS turbo. that is plan 8)

you know any good brands for suspention/breaks? ive been advised to go for XYZ racing, are they any good? :?:
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:15 pm

Many people do it but I myself would never turbo a FF car. Two words: torque steer. Will become totally unpleasurable to drive around the city.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby T.N.T on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Try getting TRD brakes.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:09 am

FF car FF car, whats wrong with FF car? How much you think will cost for complete front brake kit from TRD? and what about mistubishi magna, what about do you think about that car?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Mitsubishi Magna is FF (I know I'm irritating you but I'm just trying to put some sense into you)
I don't know how much it would cost for a full brake overhaul. you'll have to check out yourself. First locate the part you want, then I'll tell you if its a good price or not.
FYI, I was at Ajman Car Souq yesterday and saw the yellow NSX you were talking about. Some pretty sick cars were there, did you see the red MR2? Amazing platform (Mid-engine RWD) The sellers were asking 15k for it. There was also a Mitsu 3000GT at Top Secret for 15k.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby T.N.T on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:51 pm

And let me explain what is wrong with an FF car.
A car that is FWD will ALWAYS have a performance disadvantage when compared to a car that is RWD. Basically the front wheels are taking the stress from the engine and they also have to handle the turning load (which really xxxx up a powerful FWD car's handling). In a RWD car, the rear wheels are providing the power and the front wheels just do the job of turning the car hence improving handling, making it pleasurable to handle at high speeds and improving your drifts ;).
Ask any true enthusiast and he'll tell you that FWD is bull-crap unless its a 'Honda-kid'. FWD was never meant for performance and was originally introduced as a way of making cars more economical and friendlier to drive (at really low speeds) and park. True performance lies in RWD and AWD/4WD.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Fokkae on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:05 pm

Yu are kind to bear with me and my numerous questions you have to forgive me, my name is Fokkae,i have a small brain :oops: and new to this vast realm. its hard to find a car that has a novel. aesthetic and agressivley eye catching deisgn, that is why I chose the latest model celica the car is a f$%^ing head turner and a pleasure to drive not to mention that how often do you see one on the road as opposed to a Z or an Evo or a mustang I mean look at the japanese cars these days..most of them look like fat pigs on wheels with funny names man the best ones are no longer in production all the really outstanding ones are a decade old or more. nowaadays if you want to buy a car what are your options? I mean if $70000 I can manage but Ive been hearing that to buy a gcc skyline it will cost more $100000 wtf?
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby WSF on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:13 pm

^ A friend of mine went to muroor & asked there.. They said that you can register the 15 year old car on your name but cannot re register it to another owner.. But what about classic cars what if i ship a classic from outside & want to register it here??
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby Fokkae on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:23 pm

BTW, what year was that MR2, I didnt see it I might drop by today or tomorrow. How was the traffic from Dubai to Ajman I was in BMW road and it was horrific
Fokkae
Tuner
Tuner

Postby T.N.T on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:06 pm

I went on a Friday and traffic was fine. I went through Sharjah though, didn't take Emirates road and got there really quick.
The MR2 was 1991 model.
I totally agree with you on your opinion that all the good Japanese cars are gone. I mean look at Toyota, what it was before and what it is now. Nissan and Honda are still doing their part to build good Jap sports cars but they will never be as glorius as they were.
I understand when you say the Celica is a head-turner and I'm sure the MR2 is nothing less :) It was a targa top, red in color, had flip-up headlights and the engine in the back. :)
It really stole my heart yesterday and I wouldv'e come home with it if the new rules weren't being implemented.
The only point I'm trying to make is that your Celica is fine if you want to keep it N/A and around 200hp. But, if you want a high horsepower beast, the Celica just isn't it.
Most drivers are normally satisfied with a small 250hp car and some need huge hp to satisfy their soul. It all depends on you, tell me what power target you have and how much money you are willing to spend on the Celica and I'd be glad to help you out. :)
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby knshaboo on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Would anyone be able to direct me to this Ajman car souq?

Dont know the roads much so a little more detailing if you could?
knshaboo
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: www.cirtauae.com

Postby knshaboo on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:19 pm

opening hours by any chance?
knshaboo
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: www.cirtauae.com

Postby T.N.T on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:16 pm

Take the road which leads you to Ajman City Centre and keep going. After you cross Ajman City Centre, keep going on that road until you see a board pointing towards the right and reading "Ajman Cars Souq".
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

PreviousNext

Quick reply

Return to Performance Tuning