Duplicate adverts

Ask any questions regarding Autodealer.ae and how it works! If you have any Comments please feel free to share them here.

Moderator: azi malik

Duplicate adverts

Postby jamesmiller on Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:19 pm

Hey! First thanks for this great site. I actually bought a car through it, and it helped me narrow down the car that I wanted.
I've noticed that there are some duplicate advertisements in the listing. Why is that, and it can get annoying?

James
jamesmiller

Postby TheEditor on Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:09 am

James,
You have a valid point on duplicate adverts becoming annoying.
As we get advertisements fed in from different sources, dealers, it is not always possible to filter out duplicates. However, we are trying harder to remove them.

Our policy is that we will not re-advertise a vehicle within 1 week. After that we allow the same vehicle advert to be posted, as it might have a different price or mileage at that time.

From a car buyer perpective, if you see a car being advertised for a long time (you can see by the colour code of the circle on each advertisement), then you know that you can probably bargain down the price....here's a negotiating tip for you! :)

If you find certain advertisments incorrect or duplicated more often, please feel free to email us at help-uae@autodealer.ae or post to this forum and we'll try to fix it.

Thanks,
SA
TheEditor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:06 am

Hey! First thanks for this great site. I actually bought a car through it, and it helped me narrow down the car that I wanted.

Where can i get one like that? ?

Messing around

Postby root on Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:02 am

It seems like we have jokers messing around with the bulletin board posting incomprehensible messages.

We track IP addresses and can track down who this is, and also report to the ISP of this behaviour. So, people lets keep it civilized ;)
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Questions or Comments about Autodealer.ae