Anyone want to share their experience?

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Anyone want to share their experience?

Postby Ferrari on Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:11 am

I hear that a lot of the cars are very dodgy...stolen, accidented or meter-rewound. Can anyone confirm their experiences? Any reliable dealers?
Ferrari
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby Boxster on Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:32 am

You are right about this. You just need to be very careful. Even the big name dealers can pull a fast one.

Take a mechanic with you and make sure you get to see all the papers. You can sometimes find some really nice deals.
Boxster

Postby TLCPrado on Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:11 pm

generally aviod japan imports

2nd hand dealers like 4x4 dont even check properly of accident records

al futtaim used car division they r quite good but a little steep
TLCPrado

interesting...

Postby sushi on Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:04 pm

TLC!

I thought 4x4 did like a 100 point test blah blah and gave you guarantees...atleast thats what their ads say.

Futtaim Automall I found to be very expensive. You are better off buying a brand new car than going to automall.

So, who are good dealers in Dubai in your opinion? That have clean cars with proper history and also reasonable prices. I think that's something we all here have been trying to figure out.
sushi

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:19 pm

So, who are good dealers in Dubai in your opinion? That have clean cars with proper history and also reasonable prices. I think that's something we all here have been trying to figure out.

RE: frankly most of them suck... just do the following when buying a second hand car 3 years or less

although auto plus deserves a mention they r ok

1) check for service records
2) ask for insurance claims, u can go to insurance co. directly for this. be sure to check all the insurance co. out. most owners usually have to 1 or 2 different insurance cos during this period. usually if u have 1 accident insurance co, dont renew insurance
3) check if the car has rust proof especially in the case of non japan made cars. especially camary they r prone to rust
4) ignore scratches every one has them
5) review undercarriage for scrapes as it indicates fast or rough driving
6) test drive always!!!... conduct manoveres such as the "8"
7) find out about the owner.. normally expat executives are the best ppl to buy from. lady driven is a gimic most ladies dont even when to do a tyre rotation !!!! ...avoid locals .... period!!!!
8) check wind shield, rear trunck, engine sides for signs of opening of bolts..this indicates a possible accident or major over haul
9) always preview at day time
10) scrutinze the interior it tells alot about the driver and how it has been kept

Postby bizkings on Fri May 26, 2006 12:44 pm

Great Reply Guest.. you need to register.
Well it is very true people dodge around down here.. Its also very easy to get Dodged.. but the actual thing is, If you find a clean and nice car, the price is steepy.. therefore no dealers bring cars that are going to cost them more than buying them from the local markets..

Certain brand cars are extremely good and barely give you any hassle, example Toyota & Lexus. I'm in the auto parts business, and Lexus tops the Parts reliability, even cars that are more than 10 years old barely give my customers any problem as long as they're maintaining and keeping normal care. if anyone needs any suggestions on buying cars, I can surely help.. feel free to email me

bizkings@hotmail.com
bizkings
Cruiser
Cruiser

whats your favourite lexus?

Postby root on Fri May 26, 2006 2:43 pm

Bizking! Whats your favourite Lexus?
I've only driven the ES and an oldish LS. What about GS and SC?

Also, any buyers guide for old Lexus cars?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

thanks for the replies

Postby Ferrari on Sun May 28, 2006 10:29 pm

sorry. i had forgoten my password and was away.

Thanks for all the replies.

I think the Lexus LS series are great cars!
Ferrari
Ride Pimper
Ride Pimper

Postby bizkings on Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:49 am

I'm currently driving a 98 LS400 and a 2003 LS430.. I'm quite fond of the LS as its got the complete lexus feeling.. For a sporty ride, I love the GS and the IS.. ES is a soft driven car, and so is the RX.
bizkings
Cruiser
Cruiser

Return to Imported Second Hands