Exporting vehicle to Karachi

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Exporting vehicle to Karachi

Postby Hammadsiddiqui on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:53 pm

i live in dubai am having corolla 2007 1.8 for the last 4 years and i would like to send my vehicle to karachi Pakistan. could any one guide me how to send vehicle to pakistan becuase i m having 04 years old invoice and other doucments with me.

thanks
hammad
Hammadsiddiqui

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: service
My Dream Ride: F Spider

Re: Exporting vehicle to Karachi

Postby azi malik on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:05 am

check our forums... there is a lot of info... ill try to find root to answer this
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer

My Profession: automotive consultant
My Dream Ride: dunoo

Postby root on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Hammad,
There have been people asking similar questions earlier, so as azi said, search the forums and you'll get some answers.

Basically, its rather simple. You need to get export papers made by the Traffic police / Tasjeel. You will then get the export plates and an export paper.

You need to find a freight forwarder who will transport your vehicle. This is the tricky part as you'll find guys that will take it for you between 2000 AED to 20,000 AED. You need to decide how you want it transported - in an open ship or within a container. I do recall some numbers of freight forwarders posted in previous posts, so you may want to check them. I recall a few years back a friend shipped a SUV to Karachi in a container and it was around 3000-4000 AED.

Another thing to remember is that things get stolen at ports. So you want to make sure you take out all the loose parts like mats, tools, etc. Or you need to be there when the container is sealed and then re-opened on the other end.

At Karachi you will need to have the papers the freight forwarder gives you to get the car released.

For the customs in Karachi you should probably check before on what they require. A 4 year old vehicle should qualify for 50% discount on import duty. However, I'm not sure what the latest import regulations are. For a while it was not allowed to bring in old cars. Sometimes the rules are that they can only be 'gifted' to some family member, or be taken as part of 'transfer of residence' and in that case you need to get some papers made at the consulate in Dubai.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Hammadsiddiqui on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:28 am

thanks brother
Hammadsiddiqui

My Profession: service
My Dream Ride: F Spider

Postby babajaan on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:07 am

azi malik wrote:check our forums... there is a lot of info... ill try to find root to answer this

yes i read old and new posts, you are right interesting info :idea:
babajaan

My Profession: student
My Dream Ride: honda

Postby azi malik on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 am

:)
azi malik
F1 Racer
F1 Racer