Importing a car from Europe

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Importing a car from Europe

Postby websitead on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Hello all and Ramadan Kareem

This forum seems to have quite a few resourceful people and I need your help figuring out a few things. I am looking to import a 2010 Lexus 460L from Europe. I am getting a good deal on the car. It is GCC specs.
I need to know what the procedure is to import the car and how is the 5% custom duty calculated? Is it based on the purchase price or do they estimate the market value themselves. Any other charges that I should be aware of. Clearing I have heard can be done over here for less than a 1000 by an agent.

Thanks
websitead

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Unknown
My Dream Ride: A secret

Re: Importing a car from Europe

Postby root on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Check some older posts on similar subjects. Try searching the forum.

The price is calculated based on market value, or what customs believes that to be. Experience is that they calculate quite a low price, but there seems to be no real rule book on how this is done.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Re: Importing a car from Europe

Postby eurocar on Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:34 pm

You have to order new car 2011. older car are on the market made to EU specification.
eurocar

My Ride: VW Golf GTI
My Profession: Car Seller
My Dream Ride: N/A

Return to Imported Second Hands