Exporting from Dubai to Pakistan?

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Postby Guest on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:34 am

Zia,

The whole singapore market is relatively new compared to jap exports, however my company has been exporting cars out of singapore for 5 years and we ship approx 120 plus cars per month to The West Indies, Cyprus, New Zealand and various African Markets.

You are certainly right about new cars being very expensive in Singapore, but what most people dont know is that the price of the car brand new is made up of approx 90% taxes. Now when you export the car out you get a refund from the govt on the taxes making the actual price of the car very cheap.

To give you an example of one of the cars that we sold to an Agent in Pakistan, it was a 1999 Mitsubishi Galant 1.8A GDI in silver with black leather interior and alloy wheels for US$2,500 FOB.

If you'd like a little more info feel free to register online at www.skylonexport.com and maybe somewhere down the track you'll start your side-line business.

Cheers,
Skylon Team

trust, payments, etc

Postby Ziaullah on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:31 pm

Thanks! I looked at your site and looks interesting. Will keep in mind once I get serious about this business.

For the sake of general information and to many on this forum, how do you deal with issues of creating customer trust when you are operating remotely. We have seen on this forum people complaining about people in UK and Europe trying to defraud people.

I see you require advance payments. How is one guaranteed that the vehicle is what it says to be, and that it will be shipped, etc.?
Ziaullah

Postby skylonexport on Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:44 am

I guess the issues with dealing with someone that you can trust works both ways. I could tell you stories of selling containers of vehicles to supposidly trust worthy dealers in foreign markets only to have them re-neg on their payments and then being stuck with teens of cars in foreign ports. The whole auto trade is a bit of a risky business. However there are plenty of rewards that off-set the bad stuff.

Now in terms of trust, I would suggest that the easiest thing to do would be to get some trade references, i.e, the best people to call would be the freight forwarders that we are dealing with.

As for getting what you have paid for, generally the way it works is that we will receive a deposit on the car once you have agreed to buy a particular vehicle. Once the vehicle has then been shipped out we will fax you a copy of the 'Bill of Laden' which will identify all the details of the car and what vessel it is on and when the vessel departed our port and the what port it will be docking at.

In terms of conditions of cars, we do our utmost in making sure the car is going to meet your standards. After all, if we supply dodgy cars we would most certainly go out of business. Most people who are in this trade are here for the long run and our reputation really lies on the quality of our vehicles.

Happy Shopping!!!
skylonexport

imports into lahore

Postby salim on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:29 am

hi there,

i'm new to this forum and needed to touch base with some experienced auto dealers.

I have a auto workshop in lahore and am now thinking about improving standards of operation inside the business. It is fully equipped to service cars with all the major problems and am now looking for how to make it better.

Re-sale of used cars would be a new branch of the workshop and was wondering how does one go about doing this.

All advice would be appreciated.
thanks,
salim
salim
salim

Previous

Return to Imported Second Hands