Export Used Car to Saudi Arabia

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Export Used Car to Saudi Arabia

Postby azfar on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Can anyone give me details of the process? Do we have to pay duties or import fee in Saudi? If so then how much?
azfar

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: Engineer
My Dream Ride: Veyron

Re: Export Used Car to Saudi Arabia

Postby root on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Azfar,
Search the forums! I believe similar topics have been discussed below.

As Saudi is part of GCC, I do not think you need to pay import duties again.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby root on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Here are more details on Saudi Arabia import:

Instructions to importer Vehicles:

• The vehicle shall be in conformity with the Kingdom's standards, and its steering system shall not undergo modification.
• There are no damages on the vehicle body. If the damage occurs at the arrival port, a certificate from the competent authorities is required to be submitted accordingly.
• The vehicles that have been subject to accidents such as drowning, fire, collision, rollover, etc are not allowed to be imported.
• The vehicles used as taxicab or by police are not allowed to be imported.
• The importer's residence authorization (Iqama) shall be valid, if the importer is not a citizen of any of the GCC states.
• It shall not be permissible to import more than one vehicle per year, if the importer does not have a commercial registration legalizing business activity in vehicle sale and import.

Documents required for assessment of vehicle customs duty First: Vehicles imported from the GCC States:

1. Export form issued by the competent agency (Traffic Department) in the country where the vehicle registered, or a quittance document along with a valid vehicle ownership document issued by the competent authorities in the exporting country of the vehicle, if it is secondhand.

2. Customs declaration of the customs administration in the country of exportation. 3. If the vehicle is not in the name of the importer, it is required to submit a legal power of attorney issued not more than one year ago that gives the agent the right to dispose of the vehicle and finalize payment of customs duty due on it.

4. For clearance purposes among the GCC States: a) If the vehicle is imported through any of the GCC states' ports after January 1, 2003 and its final destination is Saudi Arabia, the following document shall be submitted: -

The original copy of the import declaration of the first entry port in the exporting country or a legalized copy of it sealed with the clearance seal of the exporting country including all required information and the amount of the customs duty subject to the clearance.

B) If the vehicle is imported to any of the GCC states after January 1, 2003 and the importer bought it from any of the GCC states' markets and he wants to transport it to the Kingdom, the following documents shall be submitted:

1. The original copy of the statistical customs declaration sealed with the clearance seal of the exporting country including all required information and the amount of the customs duty subject to the clearance.

2. The original copy of the import declaration of the first entry port in the exporting country or an attested copy of it. Second:

Vehicles imported from other countries:

1. Submit a legal document indicating the importer's ownership of the vehicle. This document shall be attested by the Saudi commercial attaché or his duly authorized representative in the country where the vehicle purchased, or by the chamber of commerce in the exporting country.

2. Export declaration of the customs administration in the country from which the vehicle exported. The invoice and the certificate of origin shall be attached to the export declaration.

3. A document issued by the competent security authorities in the shipping country indicating that the vehicle is not wanted. Secondhand vehicle appraisal mechanism:

1. The value for customs purposes is calculated according to the price lists issued by the manufacturers. Vehicles manufactured for special purposes and antique cars are excluded.

2. The depreciation rate is deducted according to the model year, and the value of freight and insurance is added.

3. The method of deduction is on monthly basis according to the age of the vehicle. 4. The importation date shall be taken into account to determine the age of the vehicle in years and months. The model year starts at the beginning of January and expires at the end of December.

5. The vehicle imported during the first six months of the model year is considered new and there is no deduction.

6. For the vehicle imported during the last six months of the model year there will be a deduction at a rate of 2% per month or parts of it.

7. For the vehicle imported during the second year until the fifth year of the model year there will be a deduction at a rate of 1% per month or parts of it.

8. The maximum deduction rate is 60% of the price of the vehicle imported after more than five years from the beginning of the model year.

9. The customs duty rate is (5% for motor cars, 12% for trucks).
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby azfar on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:38 pm

thankyou for the quick replies.....i did go through these details on the Saudi Customs website, however its still not clear weather we have to pay custom duty or not if we import within GCC.

From quick search on the forums, one guy (exporting to Bahrain from UAE) was talking about a tax exemption paper that we can get from the car dealer called Muqafarah or something. Anyone knows if this is valid for Saudi as well?

I didnt find a thread (with an answer) on the forums specifically for Saudi. If someone can summarize the steps that would be great.
azfar

Postby root on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Its the same papers you need for Saudi as well!

B) If the vehicle is imported to any of the GCC states after January 1, 2003 and the importer bought it from any of the GCC states' markets and he wants to transport it to the Kingdom, the following documents shall be submitted:

1. The original copy of the statistical customs declaration sealed with the clearance seal of the exporting country including all required information and the amount of the customs duty subject to the clearance.

2. The original copy of the import declaration of the first entry port in the exporting country or an attested copy of it.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby azfar on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:09 am

so as i understand from your post, so all i need to do is de-register the vehicle and get the export papers, get the customs declaration paper from the dealer ....... and then I should be able to drive it to Saudi Arabia without paying any duties.....right?
azfar

Postby root on Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Thats what I believe!
But you never know with these custom departments. Probably best to double-check with the Saudi customs to make sure there are no surprises.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby azfar on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:27 pm

or....if anyone knows of any company in UAE which can take the car to Saudi Arabia for a good price, I might go for that option too instead of going through the hassle driving myself.
azfar

Postby igkhattak on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi,
I dont know if I am late in replying to your post. We export cars to GCC. if you car is more than 2 years old than you will need to pay custom duty.

Call us on 0502045208 if you require any more information or visit our website http://www.CarTowingDubai.com
igkhattak
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Profession: Manager
My Dream Ride: 1973 Toyota Mark II

Postby samlauncher on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Hey fndz m looking for saudi arabia Embassy plz help….
samlauncher

My Profession: chudai
My Dream Ride: choot

Postby root on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:29 am

googled it?

In Dubai, their consulate is in Bur Dubai near the rulers court area.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby phxtowing on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks for sharing this great information about exporting car to a new country. This information is really informative as well as helpful.
phxtowing
Rookie
Rookie

My Profession: towing
My Dream Ride: Tow Truck

Return to Imported Second Hands