Shipping cars from USA information

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Shipping cars from USA information

Postby Luxury Motors on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:59 pm

We have more than 6 years of experience in selling cars overseas and delivering worldwide. When you purchased vehicles from LuxuryMotors.com, we can arrange shipment of your automobile anywhere in the World with volume discounted quality competitive rates.
Your car could be shipped in couple different ways depending on where you are located. Here are the methods of shipping we use:

Roll On Roll Off (RoRo)
Roll-on/roll-off (RORO or ro-ro) ships are vessels designed to carry wheeled cargo such as automobiles, trucks, semi-trailer trucks, trailers or railroad cars that are driven on and off the ship on their own wheels. RORO vessels have built-in ramps which allow the cargo to be efficiently "rolled on" and "rolled off" the vessel when in port. Cargo is not exposed to outside whether because vehicles are driven inside the boat below the deck.

20 foot Container Shipping
This is an exclusive container that only your vehicle will be loaded into. Slightly more expensive than RO-RO method of car shipping due to safety element & fact that you are paying for the whole container. However, you will have the knowledge that your vehicle will reach its Export destination in the same state the vehicle was when it left. The limitation of container shipping is that the vehicle you are shipping has to fit into the container.

40 foot Container Shipping
If you buy 2-3 cars, we can offer you 40 foot container. It is cheaper to send couple of cars at the time. We can also offer shared container option, when your car is loaded together with another customer’s vehicle. Shared container options are available to some countries upon request.

Air Shipping
That is most expensive way to ship your car. When you need your vehicle to be delivered fast or you have deadlines to meet, we can offer you airfreight service.

Shipping Insurance

While we arrange the transportation of your goods, by law, it is the carrier (truckers, airlines, steamships, etc.) who bears responsibility for loss of and/or damage to your freight. Many carriers limit their liability for freight. Carrier liability is the idea that the carrier is only responsible for paying claims up to $500 per package if did not cause or contribute to the loss.
For this reason we, recommend that our customers purchase cargo insurance. For your convenience, we offer:
1. Total loss- insures only in case of total loss of container and cargo.
2. All Risk-insures a vehicle from, damage that occurred during the shipping, insures from total loss also.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Victoria Dullick
International Sales Manager
victoria.e@luxurymotors.com
Phone: 001-847-260-3000
Mobile: 001-630-947-2807
Fax: 001-847-260-3051
Attachments
1.jpg
Shipping
1.jpg (42.87 KiB) Viewed 1860 times
Luxury Motors