What are the requirements to Import cars from USA to UAE

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

What are the requirements to Import cars from USA to UAE

Postby auto_guru on Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:12 am

I have a 2004 Nissan 350z all custom made. I just don't know what are the requirements. If i export this vehicle to UAE is their any inspection, I bought this car wrecked it cost me like $15,000 but i put custom body-kit, Exhaust, Rims, Custom interior. You can say its sports car now with no airbag. I spend almost $15,000.00 additional. My mom and dad want s me to come back to U.A.E. (Dubai). I would like to bring my vehicle to U.A.E, It had a chassis damage but i got that fixed, but i don't know if it will pass the inspection in U.A.E. I heard that chassis damage will not pass the inspection. I mean u can see visibly that chassis been hit but alignment and measurement is like factory specs. Can anyone please help me that what are the U.A.E laws about Importing vehicle from U.S.A. and what kind of inspection they perform

Thanks
Hasnain Rizvi
prisoner_of_hell@hotmail.com
auto_guru

Postby root on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:50 am

There are a bunch of dealers that do salvaged car business here and get the cars registered after repairs. So, there is definitely a way.

Now, how easy it is and if it requires some 'wasta', I don't really know.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Imported Second Hands