Importing my US Mazda rx8 to UAE

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Importing my US Mazda rx8 to UAE

Postby mazdarx8 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:14 am

anyone hee know if I can do that? I am fom texas, and I drive a rx8. I have to move over to sharjah. I am wondering if i can bring my rx8 with me (ship it).

Will rx8's pass regulations and will i be able to drive in dubai/abudhabi/sharjah?

Thanks guys. Reason I asked is there are no rx8's sold in UAE.
mazdarx8
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby T.N.T on Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Don't bring it here, its got a rotary engine and there isn't a single workshop here that can work on one!
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby fayz on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:56 pm

I always wondered why they never sold the RX8 here, I love the car, someone told me that the Wenkal (sp) engines can’t handle the excessive heat of the region, not sure how true that is.

I’ve seen a couple RX8’s for sale here over the last year but they are very few and far between.
fayz
Tuner
Tuner

Postby WSF on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:58 pm

ive seen a couple on the roads, wonderful car too bad they dont bring such a beauty here... Mazda should rethink that wankel engine, i dont even believe that the mazda dealer here will be familiar with it!?!
WSF
Street Racer
Street Racer

Postby root on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:24 am

I've seen a very few as well...It does catch you eye if there is one.

TNT is right about the rotary engine issue. However, I wonder how often you need someone to fix the engine of a car?

It can't be heat related as our friend in Texas sees quite a lot of extreme weathers there as well. Plus I've also seen this in Australia with hot weather.

I would say, as long as you are aware of the fact that you are among the few who have it, and hence not many who can fix it....and can live with that, then bring it over.

Plus side, fuel here is cheap and that rotary engine supposedly like drinking 95 octane.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby JRPONLINE.COM on Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:36 am

Well thats true rotary engine they dont longer cause of apexi seal breaks..
but again you get a good deal .. just swap with Corvette engine ... its more powerfull .. and mounts are easily aviliable.. as you know rx-7 and rx-7 0 center balance.. only difference in weight if im not wrong is about 20kg not a big deal if you consider....

Speaking of a devil i just saw rx8 2004 loaded.. in red.. and i was thinking of it bringing in dubai for my self.. then i said you know i will wait and see whats a market like when i will be there in march..

if you guys looking for a any car just let me know..
www.jrponline.com msg me for order or email me jilaniautos@gmail.com for cost to uae and shipping charges.
JRPONLINE.COM

Return to Imported Second Hands