import cars from UAE to Europe

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Postby nicubila on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:50 pm

well, the regulations are indeed as stated. I understand that it puzzles many people, but it is not something designed to affect me or smaller players. The issue it addresses is the possible invasion of new cars from China and possibly India. my feeling is that they just try to protect Europe (both car manufacturers and the environment)

The idea of registering the car in other EU country is something I am prospecting now as another option. I don't know if there is still room for good business, but I give it a try. Anyone knows more about which European countries have some back doors for such approach?
nicubila
Rookie
Rookie

Postby root on Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm

Germany was the place where most cars arrived.

But I would have thought that the new East European EU or Southern EU states are normally much more lax on regulations than the northerners.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby Macros on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:40 pm

root wrote:The best is to only take car models that are also sold in Europe as well.

I know many European expats living in countries with high car prices take their car after driving it a year or so here, and are able to sell them off sometimes even making a profit. But they normally are buying European cars in that case.

For Japanese and US makes you will need to be a bit more vary as many of those models never are exported to Europe (many times due to the environmental ratings).

Surely it would be better to buy and export the American motors like the H2 Hummer to the UK rather than cars that are already available through national distributors.

What would be the point of buying a left hooker Audi or European manufactured car here and then shipping to the UK to sell when someone could buy an official right hooker there for probably not too much more.
Wouldn't it be more financially beneficial to an exporter here to buy a niche car like the H2 or Escalade etc and then sell it in the UK for a profit.

The reason i say this is because cars like these have enormous 6ltr engines and consequently there is no point in having an official UK RHD version simply because the cost of running one would be out of reach for most people in the uk due to fuel prices, road tax etc etc so the manufacturers don't bother. Whats the point having a showroom selling cars that cost a mortgage to buy and run when maybe only a handful of people around there can afford them.

But i think if you exported them 1 or 2 at a time from here the people you would be targetting would be the rich "must have that" brigade or brain dead footballers. I have seen H2's in import showrooms in the UK going for around 50-70k....sterling. Because there isn't many of them, they are exclusive and become the vehicle of choice for the people with the means to afford to buy and run them.

I don't know about conversion costs etc or shipping but i would imagine that if you could buy a 2006 H2 here for approx 25k. You could probably ship it, get it converted and sell it for a decent profit.

Whats to stop you selling to southern spain where all the millionaires live and thats LHD territory.

What are your thoughts anyway.

Cheers
Macros

export regulations

Postby nicubila on Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:19 am

is still there any regulation regarding the xport of cars from dubai? i heard a lot of people mentioning about a minimum period of 6 months or one year that you have to own the car prior tohaving the right to export it? it would not make too much sense, unless this ownership has anything to do with the import. i mean if you own the car for more than a year lets say, the country you import your car would alow for lower taxes as it proves that you want the car for you and not for reseling.
any lead would be helpful, i could not find any info on the net about it.
nicubila
Rookie
Rookie

Re: import cars from UAE to Europe

Postby reghu on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 am

You may contact us for shipping cars to & from UAE to Europe or vice versa.

We can provide you best shipping rates.

nicubila - Pls contact us.

PAN ASIA SHIPPING (Dubai)
Tel :- +9714 35 35 101
Mob :- +971 55 7509517
E-mail - sales.dxb@gilpl.co.in
reghu

My Profession: Shipping, logistics , export/import
My Dream Ride: Ferrari

Re: import cars from UAE to Europe

Postby matt-lee on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 pm

am matt from china .
we can offer some model second- car. if want buy from china ,contact matt16688@gmail.com
matt-lee
Cruiser
Cruiser

My Ride: I don't know what I ride
My Profession: salesman
My Dream Ride: benze

Previous

Return to Imported Second Hands