to register a french car in dubai

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

to register a french car in dubai

Postby sagesse on Sun May 27, 2007 1:27 am

Hello I am in france and want to send a mercedes to dubai and I want to know the administrative demarches i have to do.and how much that goes me cost (customs charges, registration....) thanks
sagesse

registration

Postby root on Sun May 27, 2007 8:26 pm

Hey Sagesse! Welcome to the Forums!

There are a number of posts discussing exactly what you are asking in previous topics. Click on the Search button above and type 'registration' and you will find a lot of info.

In short, you need to have the papers in order first, have a cargo forwarding agent at the arriving port to assist you in the import, pay the fees, I believe there is a 5% duty even on old cars (not sure though but the forwarding agent would know), you'll get some custom papers and a temporary plate, you'll then need to get the car checked up by the local registration office, pay the fees, get insurance and get a normal plate.

Its not as complicated as it sounds. Just make sure you find someone at the port that can assist in the port procedures. I believe you must have a valid residence permit prior to importing the car.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Imported Second Hands