imports registration- Hassel?

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

imports registration- Hassel?

Postby mikedubai on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:37 pm

Hello there,

I look to ship my Alfa Spider, year 1984 to Dubai. (maybe a mistake, because no air con...?), but can anyone let me know, what to do after arrival and how to get it registered with a Dubai Number and HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
The car is presently not registered in Europe, so I would need everything from scratch- here!

Thank you
mikedubai

importing

Postby Gazza on Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:32 am

You must really love that car to ship it all the way!

The procedure as I recall is the following:
- make sure you have all the export papers of your car from where it left. This should include stuff like invoices, proof of ownership, etc.
- to clear the car, you need to go through a clearing agent. It is probably worth calling the port and talking to some clearing agents who do cars. They might be able to give better instructions than mine.
- you get the car through customs and maybe pay the duty required
- go to Tasjeel and get the car passed as fit for the road
- get 3rd party insurance for the car
- register the car, get number plates, etc.

The entire (except the duty and insurance) will cost you around 1000-1200 dirhams.
Gazza

buy a spider here

Postby Rocky on Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:36 am

Unless your car is a super vintage model with great sentimental attachment, I would say, buy an old Alfa Spider in Dubai. I am sure you can find one for under 10k if you are not worried about the model year (which you apparently are not).
Rocky

an old ad

Postby Rocky on Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:38 am

Theres an old ad on autodealer for a 1998 Spider for 15k!
It also has an A/C.
Rocky

Re: imports registration- Hassel?

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:32 am

Hi mike, Mr. Gazza is wright 50% as he suggeste you the cost coming on it am not confortable with it. Because as i ahave car bussiness as what the method i do always, As per mr. Gazza it is better to contact with agent to clear hazzle free. by the way i will give some instruction:

- Take your import document that is called Bill of lading.
- Get the delivary order from shipping agent, there address is given at bill of lading, where your car is coming.
- Catch any good agent who can work fast for you.
- Give documents and ask them to know how much customs occurs.
- Pay the customs
- You will get the vehicle certficate called (VCC) you will have to pay AED. 30/- for it and Aed.25/- for HS code with port handling charges which is depends when you will clear.
- Take your car out of port through recovery or by yourself.
- Take your car for regestration from Dubai police to tasjeeel with the VCC.
then after what mr. Gazza wrote follw the steps. According to me th expences come compleatly around Aed.2900/- till registered.

By Abdulhakeem

mikedubai wrote:Hello there,

I look to ship my Alfa Spider, year 1984 to Dubai. (maybe a mistake, because no air con...?), but can anyone let me know, what to do after arrival and how to get it registered with a Dubai Number and HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST?
The car is presently not registered in Europe, so I would need everything from scratch- here!

Thank you

2900? how does it add up?

Postby Gazza on Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:16 pm

Abdulhakeem!
Thanks for the detailed reply. Your description is a lot more accurate than what I provided.

Can you shed more light on how the total comes to AED 2900?

How much does the handling agent normally take?

And what is the custom value based upon? I never figured this out.
Gazza

Return to Imported Second Hands