Transferring Financing

Discuss how to import cars privately, dos and donts, Japanese imports, German imports, Right-Hand-Drive, ....

Moderator: azi malik

Transferring Financing

Postby Takmelius on Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:36 pm

Hey guys,

I was living in Oman and now moving to Duabi isA. I had purchased a car (peugeot 307cc) and started financing it through a local financing company here. Do you guys know of any way by which I can transfer the financing to a company in Dubai so I can take my car with me?

Thanks
Takmelius

aint gonna be easy

Postby root on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:13 pm

Have never done this, so not talking from experience.

However, have considerable dealings with banks and financing and i would doubt any easy way to do this.

Normally, you will need to settle 'early' with the Omani finance company, and then try to get a UAE one to finance it. The local finance firms will probably give you a lot of hassle on it as it has to be first in UAE and registered before it can be mortgaged/financed. But you cannot export/move it out of the country before paying off the previous one...and so on and so on.

I reckon you have spoken to your current financing company.

Even if you keep on paying your Omani Finance company from UAE, I dont think you will get export papers as the car is under mortgage in Oman.

Only solution I see is early settlement in Oman or selling it over there (which again means early settlement).

Let us know whatever solution you find...it will be interesting for the wider community.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Imported Second Hands