insurance

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

insurance

Postby craig on Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:34 pm

hi, i am about to finish my mc licence and im looking at buying a second hand yamaha, suzuki or honda 400cc. Im finding it hard to find an insurance company who will insure me. could anyone recommend a company or help me out with this situation?

Thanks
craig

Postby sushi on Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:04 pm

That's strange! Do you have a car and tried contacting the same insurance company?

When I got my bike about a year ago I asked Norwich Union and they were ready to insure it. But then when I bought the bike it already was insured for a year with Alliance Insurance so I just got that transferred.

Normally in Dubai/UAE they will only do third-party insurance for you on older bikes (that goes for older cars as well).
sushi

Postby Craig on Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:18 pm

ive contacted many companys and they all seem to say its not possible but i did forget to give you a very important bit of information, im only 17 which i know causes many problems but if anyone could help it will be appriciated, thank you
Craig

Postby Ali on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:09 am

17!? Forget it! I would not insure you if I was the insurance company :)

Try to get it insured on your fathers name..it'll be a lot cheaper! Just make sure he puts in your name as a possible driver as well.
Ali
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby varshik on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:20 am

hey im 17 too n i m gonna get a 400 cc bike soon too...im facin d exact same problem...craig did u get ne solution to it???
n we cant get it insured on r dad's name cuz then ur dad needs to hav a mc licence too... lemme know asap abt ne kinda info on varshik89@hotmail.com
varshik
Tuner
Tuner

Return to Motor Biking