first motorcycle?

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

first motorcycle?

Postby amirjan on Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:06 pm

I want buy new motorcycle. i am new driver.
I am thinking of Honda CBR 600. is it good?? or yamaha or suzuki is better?
amir
amirjan

Postby TheEditor on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:50 pm

First advice...get a 2nd hand bike! First bikes will always drop or get damaged one way or another, and no need to buy a new one. Specially as you can get some superb deals on 2nd hand bikes in UAE.

My recommendation would be to go for the Honda CBR 600 or less. Honda is very reliable, easy to fix, great bike for newbies. Only problem is that it is close to impossible to find a CBR over here...they are in high demand. I would suggest that you search for it daily at autodealer.ae and if you see an advert, call them straight away.

If you cannot find a Honda, next choice would be Suzuki or Yamaha. Again try to go for something around 400-600 cc, and not older than 1998. You can probably pick up a good imported 400cc for around AED 6000.

I would not recommend above 600cc for new drivers as those machines can be lethal if you dont know how to handle them. Even a 600 can be too much for an unexperienced rider.

Good luck!
TheEditor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GigiAndretti on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:09 pm

BUY A CAR!! you get one wheel extra too :wink:

Anyway.. seriously, good advice from TheEditor. Go for second hand. I see really good bikes on this site. i would add though it really depends on what type of bikes you are looking at and what do you think your level is. I would recomend you check out the article

Beginner's Guide to Motorcycling

at
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/school.htm

Check out the topics "choosing your ride, not someone elses", and "the basic styles of motorcycles" right now to decide what you want. Then go ahead reading about the basics on ride etc to make your own riding style.

Hope it helps!
Erm... CARS?
GigiAndretti
Tuner
Tuner

Postby varshik on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:22 am

to, TheEditor

what exactly do u mean by an imported 400 cc bike for 6000? will it be in proper condition for passing? cud u plz suggest sum places wher i can try checkin out the cbr 600 rr or yamaha r6 or maybe the imported bikes?

n even i got no experience at all in sports bikes so wud u recommend a cbr 600 rr or yamaha r6?
i got my licence jus the day before yesterday :D
varshik
Tuner
Tuner

Return to Motor Biking