How safe is biking in uae roads?

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

How safe is biking in uae roads?

Postby v2gods on Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:58 am

I always end up having an argument with my family over me owning a bike.They feel its too unsafe.Personally i feel its just that the biking community is so few that most of the car commuters dont know how to ride along with the bikers,atleast thats my personal opinion and as far as other things are concerned i feel this place is safe for biking!Well atelast the traffic would reduce if more people start biking and we could save a lot on fuel too.

What do u guys think?
v2gods

My Ride: I don't know what I ride

Re: How safe is biking in uae roads?

Postby root on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 am

Hey! Welcome to the forums! I am sure others like ICE who bike a lot can share more of their views.

I personally think that people have less respect or care for bikers here. It's not that much stressed in the tests or the education on how to handle and give-way to bikers as in many other countries.

Also there is a lot of speed, rash driving, changing lanes, etc here that do not help.

It also depends a lot on how you ride your bike and where you ride it. Stay away from the crazy roads until you feel you have the control and the proper bike with the right power. Also, be extra vigilant...don't expect people to give you way just because you should have it..bikers are abused a lot in UAE by people coming in front of you when its your right of way.

The big difference here with many other countries in Asia is the 'speed factor'. This is also for cars. In most countries you see accidents to be many but of minor nature like fender bumps, etc. Over here with the speed you see fatalities.
Same applies with bikes...just that fatalities are higher.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Motor Biking