Looking for veterans' advice on a streetbike purchase

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

Looking for veterans' advice on a streetbike purchase

Postby Kabibrina on Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:21 am

Hi guys!!! i recently got my motorcycle licence, did my share of time, painfully, on a smaller bike(4 months on a bajaj 125) as advised by most experienced bikers, and now itching to buy a 2001, 600cc sportbike.

With a budget of 15k-19k dhs what do you guys suggest i get and where can i get shops or dealers in UAE having good USED bikes @affordable prices?
Any help would do...i feel its time i graduate from a boy to a man!
To master the beast you gotta be at 1 with it...
Kabibrina
Rookie
Rookie

My Ride: Toyota platz

Re: Looking for veterans' advice on a streetbike purchase

Postby root on Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:57 am

Get a CBR 600 RR. Some members recently said they were selling theirs. Lothario was selling his. ICE also had a 600 (not RR).

From a Bajaj 125 that'll be a real graduation!
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:18 am

Yeah, Honda just rules the used bike market. They are pretty high in terms of quality when compared to any other brand, be it Yamaha, Kawasaki or Suzuki.
Get a CBR600RR. That's what I recommend too.
Don't know of any good used bike shops here but I do know that there are loads of used import bike showrooms in Shajah industrial area who import bikes from Japan. If they don't have a specific model you're looking for, some of them will also import one for you.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby Kabibrina on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:16 pm

hey thanks for the feedback ill sure im want to get a good deal on this, i was thinking is'nt a cbr 600 f4i better suited for me? i need something for day to day commuting and the RR sounds abit agressive..what do you think...can the cbr 600RR make a daily commuting bike?will it be too much for me?
Kabibrina
Rookie
Rookie

Postby root on Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:07 pm

They'll both give you a back-ache if you drive for too long ;)
It'll be a hard to find a used CBR 600 any which way, so get the one you feel is in better condition price/value.
Come and discuss at the most lively forums about Cars, Bikes, 4x4s...at http://www.autodealer.ae at the Autodealer UAE Forums.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kabibrina on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:28 pm

true that ill get the one thats got the best value for my money...so my decion's definately not gonna be rashed...thanks..now i got to deal with the issue of where i'd get these bikes from.....still waiting for lothario's pm.
Kabibrina
Rookie
Rookie

Postby T.N.T on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:05 pm

600F4i would be better for long drives and it'll be much cheaper (you'll be able to get something newer for the same money)
Excellent option!
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:18 am

on where to look for bikes..there's really no good places, other than classifieds like on here!

There is a shop called motorcycle city in Al-Awir on Al-Khail Road..they normally have a bunch of used bikes in good condition (or repaired) and normally have a bunch of Hondas.

Other than that, I'm still to find a place. The places in Sharjah normally have 400cc and below bikes imported 2nd hand from Japan. Really cheap and good value for money. For bigger bikes you'll need to ask them to import one for you.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Motor Biking