Require a good Bike repair shop in Shj

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

Require a good Bike repair shop in Shj

Postby akibo on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:54 pm

I have a Yamaha Dragstar 2003 400cc bike and i am looking for a good, reliable bike workshop in Sharjah. The bike registration is over and i need to fix a few things on it before i get it registered again in dubai.

Could someone help me out here?
akibo

Postby root on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:44 am

Dont know if any are really reliable, but there are a bunch of workshops near the Cricket Stadium...same folks that also sell imported second hand bikes.

I would imagine you can get cheap service done around there...quality, can't really say.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby akibo on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:23 am

Thanks for your help Root, have to say that you are indeed a very helpful guy, i mean i have been going through some previous threads and you actually take pleasure in replying to each one.
Good on you mate!!!

Honestly i have this great passion for bike but sadly very less knowledge on them. Its been more than a year that i have been riding the dragstar and its actually my first bikes. Now i feel i am ready to upgrade since i am a lot more confident and my instincts tell me that i should go higher but like all amateurs bikers i too am confused as which bike to go for. Personally i love Suzuki GSX series but honestly i have actually never liked the shape of any of the Honda bikes inspite of them being the best around.
How would you rate a Suzuki 750? I saw it at the Motor show and boy oh boy!!!

Could you also guide me as what services should i get done on the bike. I regularly get the oil changed when its due but apart from that nothing else, oh yes occasionally i add the Carburetor cleaner but i feel its just a waste of money. am i rite? Thanks for your help.
akibo

Postby T.N.T on Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:07 pm

I hope you don't mind me answering this question :)
The GSX-R 750 is great! The Dragstar was a completely different bike though and I still recommend buying some cheap 600cc bike first and practicing for a month.
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:18 am

If you get a Honda or Yamaha, you dont really need to do much with the bike...these ones run anyway. Just fill in petrol ;)

Well, it makes it good to keep an eye on the oil, carburetor, brakes, spark plugs...but you have to really ride your bike a lot before you see need to change those.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby varshik on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:06 am

try contacting Al Tariq Garage - Mr. Noor - 0508989387
nice guy and reasonable prices too...
tell him u got to know about it from me and he might give you some discount...he was the guy who used to take care of my bike when i had a 400...
varshik
Tuner
Tuner

Postby akibo on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:08 am

what bike have you got now?
akibo

Postby root on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:55 am

Is this in Sharjah or Dubai?
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby akibo on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:33 pm

hey root, how you doing? a question, is there any bank that finances motorbikes?
akibo

Postby root on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:38 pm

Good question! I have never looked at that. Normally bikes are cheap so you never need financing.

But if you are getting expensive bikes like HD or BMW, it makes sense and I am pretty sure they do. For financing you also need to get insurance, and not that many companies do insurance.

Will ask around and re-post again if I find anything.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby varshik on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:50 am

@akibo,
i ride a 2007 CBR 600RR now...

@root,
the shop is in sharjah on double cola road before tuba shopping mart, right opp al capri and lacnor factory...

about financing, you can get a personal loan and get the bike financed, but there is no specific bike loan like ther r car loans...
varshik
Tuner
Tuner

Return to Motor Biking