need help...

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

need help...

Postby abrown on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:21 pm

aiite... here's the story

i got the bike in oct 2006. kawasaki ZZR 400cc 1999. till may 2007 couldnt get insurance anywhere. when i finally got insurance the day i was going to get the bike registered a taxi rams into me at a R/A. the bike goes to the garage and comes back. then the CDI unti burns out. get that done... and now the carburetor is flooding.

i need to find a carburetor for my bike. i dunno where to look. i have heard that i can find it in shj but the ppl say that its risky coz they might sell you a defective one or it will start giving problems. i dunno what to do.

HELP ME PLZZZZ.

ADRIAN
abrown

bikes

Postby root on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:43 am

Well, you have 400cc Kawasaki from 1999. This bike sells for around 5000 AED, so you don't want to spend too much on getting this repair.

If you want quality and genuine new parts, then go to the dealer, but it'll cost you atleast half the bikes price.

Your choice is to find a cheap shop that gets the work done, but you'll have to live with the lower level of professionalism. Sharjah would be the best place as most of the bulk importers are there, and they can find used spare parts from other bikes.

If you live in Dubai and Sharjah is a pain, go to some resourceful cheap shop. I found one thanks to some others on autodealer.ae forums (ICE?) that is in Satwa. The name is Al-Farooq Motorcycles and number is 04-3447139.

Its a Pakistani repair shop, very small, in the middle of Satwa. They do a lot of the smaller bikes upto 600cc, so you'll be ok. They also are able to find parts needed in the market (from Sharjah or other places). They are not as professional, and you need to chase them a bit to fix stuff (they seem over-worked), and they don't like keeping bikes overnight as they don't have space-- but they do the job, and do it cheaply.

They also have a hook-up with a cheapo pick-up truck guy.

Bottomline...you want cheap service, that's the only one I've found in Dubai. Otherwise, Sharjah's the place to go.
If you want professionalism/top-quality, then go to the dealers, or some of the bigger 2nd hand bike showrooms in Al-Awir.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby T.N.T on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:33 pm

And the Kawasaki dealers are?
Give respect, get respect.
T.N.T
F1 Champion
F1 Champion

Postby root on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:32 pm

I think its Liberty Auto! The same guys who also have GM makes like Chevy, Cadillac and Opel. Also Hummer!

They are supposed to have bikes in their Garhoud showroom, though I've not been there.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby abrown on Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:20 pm

I already had the number for Al Farooq MCs and i had spoken to them. they told me that they cant do anything... they said if i have the carburetor they can fix it on. but they cant get it for me. so i guess i'll just have to make a few trips to sharjah. do you guys think i should get the carburetor fixed in sharjah itself (if i find it) or should i buy it from there and bring it here and get it fixed at a garage somewhere here?
abrown

Postby root on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:18 am

I would say get it fixed where you find the parts, otherwise you'll be going back and forth with parts that don't fit or work and wasting a lot of time.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Motor Biking