Looking for a offroad but streetlegal bike :USED:

Discuss motor bikes, bike clubs, sport bikes, quad-biking, enduro bikes, dirt bikes,...

Moderator: azi malik

Looking for a offroad but streetlegal bike :USED:

Postby M! on Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:36 pm

Hi,

i´m still in GOG (good old Germany) but entering Dubai by End of March.

I am already now looking for a bike like
KTM 400+EXC or HONDA XR or adaquate.

May you guys are able to help my in the further couple of weeks to find a reasonable bike for me.

I will really appreciate your help and let me say many thanks in advance for you @ll

CU@Dubai
Martin

P.S. One question, is there a BIKE licence needed in Dubai, well actually i got one, but will this be accepted the same way as the CAR licence is transferring to Dubai licence?
DTP will not any answer any questions about this, wether they do not even know :lol: and the .gov page is telling me that there is an other department responsible for that question.
YES you guys are right they do not answer as well :lol: :lol:
Road & Racebitch
2007 revised&updated
0- 100 Km/h 3,4 sec
0- 200 km/h 11,2 sec
Proofed by AUTO&Tuning/ Germany
Fun begins at buying & diats are great ;-)
M!
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby M! on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Hello again.

29 views, one week no answer.......... come ooon

Are my questions to hard to get?

OK just let me make it easier ;-)

- Is my German/ International Bike License transferable like the Car Licenses?
- Are there any street legal offroadbikes bikes to get or are there some driving around.
Well i do not mean Full MotoX i want one like the shown below.

KTM

Yamaha

Honda

Kawasaki

2 stroke preferred but not necessarily inevitably

Thanks a lot
Greets Martin
Road & Racebitch
2007 revised&updated
0- 100 Km/h 3,4 sec
0- 200 km/h 11,2 sec
M!
Cruiser
Cruiser

biker

Postby root on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:42 pm

I guess I atleast missed this post.

Answering your questions:

- Well, yes your bike license is transferable, or was transferable before the new rules that started this year. Now even with a European license you need to take a minimum set of lessons and test before you can get a license. I am wondering if this means twice - once for car and once for bike. I would doubt it, but you never know.
(If you need to take a bike license, its pretty easy here as long as you know how to make an eight in first gear and drive a simple circuit on a Honda CD 200.)

- Offroad or dirt bikes. There are many of those available, and a lot of people like taking them into the desert...mainly KTMs. I have not heard any issues in registration of those.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Postby M! on Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi root,
let me see if i got you right.

Now for this year there are even lessons needed to transfer an car license? :shock:
This is ridiculous..... or even worse, when i see the Dubais driving and drivers experience .
MEGALOL

For the bike license:
Well i do not think an 8 is a problem with 12 Years race experience in MotoX under my belt. (well it is a couple of years ago, but it is difficult like riding a bike or breathing in free air :D )

Am I allowed to do an 8 on rearwheel only, so i still need a little practice to do it.
just kiddin :wink:

Thanks for your reply anyways.

I think i will to try to "pay" for 8)

CU
Martin
Road & Racebitch
2007 revised&updated
0- 100 Km/h 3,4 sec
0- 200 km/h 11,2 sec
M!
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby ICE on Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:30 pm

Hey Martin,

I don't think that be a good idea to do an 8 only on the rear wheel ;) although me and some of the other biker's would be really impressed but i dont suppose the examiners.

Anyways wish you all the best with getting the license in dubai once you are here.

If you would like to purchase new or used ones you can check out TRISTAR they deal in KTMS new and old as well as DIRT BIKE both are located in Aweer.

Regards,
ICE
ICE
Mod god
Mod god

My Ride: I ride a beast on the road, a maniac on tracks!
My Profession: IT Proffesional
My Dream Ride: DUCATI

Postby M! on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:35 pm

ICE wrote:Hey Martin,

I don't think that be a good idea to do an 8 only on the rear wheel ;) although me and some of the other biker's would be really impressed but i dont suppose the examiners.

Anyways wish you all the best with getting the license in dubai once you are here.

I was just kiddin´

If you would like to purchase new or used ones you can check out TRISTAR they deal in KTMS new and old as well as DIRT BIKE both are located in Aweer.

Regards,
ICE

PERFECTLY.... thanks a lot, this will be one of the first things on my 2DO List when i getting over there on March 27th.

Thanks a lot

Cu
Martin
Road & Racebitch
2007 revised&updated
0- 100 Km/h 3,4 sec
0- 200 km/h 11,2 sec
M!
Cruiser
Cruiser

Postby root on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:38 pm

M! wrote:Hi root,
let me see if i got you right.

Now for this year there are even lessons needed to transfer an car license? :shock:
This is ridiculous..... or even worse, when i see the Dubais driving and drivers experience .
MEGALOL

Yes! thats what I've heard from atleast a few people. Its part of the drive by the authorities to bring more discipline into Dubai driving.

I suppose, you can still just go pay the fee at the driving school, take 1 lesson (but pay for all 5-7 minimum lessons) and then show up on the test day.

If you fail though, then you need to take a bunch of more lessons before you can re-appear.
root
Site Admin
Site Admin

My Ride: VW Touareg V8 2005
My Profession: Car Enthusiast
My Dream Ride: This month: Nissan GT-R

Return to Motor Biking